• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think they're Pasigah laces? Not sure about the color, since he has a broad range of colors.

Yup, I like a very secure fit.
Will check out the laces, but yes, Loafers should be snug ZERO heel slip, with or w/o socks...I take loafers 1/2 down from Brannock just because I don't want any slip at all.

shoetree

Reaction score

Sheepdog

Reaction score
Don’t be afraid to experiment with different widths.
barrie last 9D
Van last LHS 9C

This is good to see - I'm a (self-diagnosed) 9D barrie, and I've got some 9C shell LHS on the way from Brick+Mortar in Feb. My 9D calf LHS fit ok, but have some slight heel slip. Per Yenni's advice I'm trying the 9C to try and cure that. Couldn't imagine going any shorter, so hoping the narrower width will do the trick.

galileo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tanker Tuesday
A9CD2631-FA4D-45EE-82D3-24953663943D.jpeg D676F355-E356-4216-9229-5FBE13794FEC.jpeg

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday's errands. These get more comfortable every time I wear them!

PXL_20210118_202524388.jpg
PXL_20210118_202528964.jpg
PXL_20210118_193548557.jpg

JAS01

Reaction score
Hello all, I just wanted to share I've finally been able to acquire my dream shoe after months of (im)patiently waiting.

Monk Strap Color 8s on a modified last. bought Friday, spent Saturday and Sunday standing around on a carpet, and had some Vibram soles put on yesterday, so today is the first day they are out in the wild.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

So far, so good.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

ShoeTree, your King Indy Boots are looking great. Always a great choice and a nice variant being on the Neocork.

Switched gears for evening View attachment 1538279

AuDog, your Grain CT Boots are looking good and I am sure they took good care of you yesterday afternoon!

Galileo, those Tankers are looking superb. A great model with the chunky last and Brass Hardware!

Yesterday's errands. These get more comfortable every time I wear them!

View attachment 1538464 View attachment 1538465 View attachment 1538466

Savvy, you are looking great as you do your errands in your Color #8 Shell Cordovan Indy Boots!!!

Good morning! Black shell on U-tip Tuesday
View attachment 1538492

James, those Plaza U-Tip Saddle Shoes are looking great on you and you are wearing them very well!

Mark, your Cigar SW Bluchers are looking just superb! A great pair and you are wearing them well today!

Speaking of LHS, a rare winter appearance for these:

View attachment 1538553

SheepDog, those LHSes are looking great and nice to see them rearing their head in the cold!

TC, your Brassvello Tankers are looking truly superb. I hope that you are wearing them in good health!

Dog, you are looking great in your Navy Suede Dr. G's. I hope that you wear them well and in good health today!

Hello all, I just wanted to share I've finally been able to acquire my dream shoe after months of (im)patiently waiting.

Monk Strap Color 8s on a modified last. bought Friday, spent Saturday and Sunday standing around on a carpet, and had some Vibram soles put on yesterday, so today is the first day they are out in the wild.

View attachment 1538560 View attachment 1538561 View attachment 1538562

So far, so good.

Jas, a fantastic story and I am glad to hear that you got your dream pair of monks. Those are looking very nice and you are wearing them well!

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads