• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I missed out on a pair of Loden suede boots during the AE trunk show and saw that Ealdwine has a Plain Toe Boot in Loden Suede "The Glenwood". Does anyone have these? Trying to get an idea of the color and how these look in natural sunlight.
View attachment 1537157
Here you go
IMG_6394.JPG

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Love the brass eyelets and hooks on these! Would you say these are more green than brown? Are the tongues padded?
Tongues not padded, and they are, depending on the light, more green than brown. To give you an example, the day I took the photo, my 4 yr old granddaughter said "You have green boots" at one point in the day, then under different light, said "You changed to a green/brown boot". They are not a hunter green, but a great shade of green none the less.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Appreciate it! They're sold out in my size, so I'll reach out to Jim to see when they will be restocked.
I was going to suggest touching base with Jim and Matt to see if they had a better, full sun, photo. If the sun decides to come out here, we have had one day with sun since Jan 1, I would be happy to throw them on and take some better photos for you.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going to suggest touching base with Jim and Matt to see if they had a better, full sun, photo. If the sun decides to come out here, we have had one day with sun since Jan 1, I would be happy to throw them on and take some better photos for you.
Just messaged Jim on IG and he said they are considering a restock on these, but will let me know if/when they do. No need to dig these out just for me, but next time you get around to wearing these, would love to see some more pics!

Been on the search for another suede boot, but don't want another snuff suede make-up. Of the other suede colors, which do you like?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just messaged Jim on IG and he said they are considering a restock on these, but will let me know if/when they do. No need to dig these out just for me, but next time you get around to wearing these, would love to see some more pics!

Been on the search for another suede boot, but don't want another snuff suede make-up. Of the other suede colors, which do you like?
I think chocolate is super versatile

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Well, I have snuff, brown, black, navy and dark chocolate. Of the bunch, snuff gets the most wear (due to having more pair) but my very favorite color are the dark chocolate (Brogue Clint Boot), I like the last and the color. Navy would be #2. But snuff goes with more clothing, and I have a soft spot for lighter color boots, no matter what leather.
IMG_6484.JPG

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I have snuff, brown, black, navy and dark chocolate. Of the bunch, snuff gets the most wear (due to having more pair) but my very favorite color are the dark chocolate (Brogue Clint Boot), I like the last and the color. Navy would be #2. But snuff goes with more clothing, and I have a soft spot for lighter color boots, no matter what leather. View attachment 1537179
Great suggestion! This color looks nice. I think I saw Chocolate suede at the AE trunk show and it was significantly darker than Snuff. These are also sold out of my size, so I'll follow-up with Mack. He hasn't returned any of my emails and I have only been able to get ahold of him through IG (I believe Brogue is open by appointment only).

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Great suggestion! This color looks nice. I think I saw Chocolate suede at the AE trunk show and it was significantly darker than Snuff. These are also sold out of my size, so I'll follow-up with Mack. He hasn't returned any of my emails and I have only been able to get ahold of him through IG (I believe Brogue is open by appointment only).
Mack can be hard to reach via email at times, I've had that issue in the past, myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads