• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Color 8 Indys on Neocork. Brick and Mortar.
EB96ADDE-35AD-4A82-9FE5-FD4FD5F2A278.jpeg

ahonobaka

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I think I'm going to give Alden a second try after some unfortunate business last year and jump on the pre-order with Alden Madison for some black shell Indys with the neocork sole. Can anyone share some feedback on this sole? I'd imagine it'll be quite slippery when wet, but that doesn't bother me.

Thanks!

I'm personally a big fan of neocork, and specifically purchased the Color 8 Indy's from Madison because of them. (ALMOST bought the black shell Copake's as well, but ultimately decided I shouldn't be spending :laugh: )

I like them for two reasons; comfort and durability. Regarding the latter, I went through 4 heels on my 405's before I needed the corks replaced, and even then, the neocork wasn't worn down or compromised, it was actually the stitching wearing down that caused them to separate. I never really had issues wearing them in rain or snow, but then I'm a bit of a careful walker when I need to be, and would suggest simply wearing another pair of boots if conditions are too much. They'll be fine otherwise!

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm personally a big fan of neocork, and specifically purchased the Color 8 Indy's from Madison because of them. (ALMOST bought the black shell Copake's as well, but ultimately decided I shouldn't be spending :laugh: )

I like them for two reasons; comfort and durability. Regarding the latter, I went through 4 heels on my 405's before I needed the corks replaced, and even then, the neocork wasn't worn down or compromised, it was actually the stitching wearing down that caused them to separate. I never really had issues wearing them in rain or snow, but then I'm a bit of a careful walker when I need to be, and would suggest simply wearing another pair of boots if conditions are too much. They'll be fine otherwise!

I love neocork as well. I do have a pair of Natty CXL Indy boots in double leather which I also love, but otherwise neocork all the way.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I love neocork as well. I do have a pair of Natty CXL Indy boots in double leather which I also love, but otherwise neocork all the way.
I will add to the love of NeoCork, VERY durable sole, good in almost all weather conditions, although snow/ice does prompt me to choose a more lugged sole.

barutanseijin

Reaction score
I like neocork, too. It’s durable and reasonably comfortable. I haven’t had any problems with it while walking around NYC in the rain. I wear other boots in the snow. Nothing works well on ice; the worst fall i ever took occurred in my best winter boots.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Saturday forum pals. Off to the local farmer's market for some provisions.

IMG_9905.jpg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like neocork, too. It’s durable and reasonably comfortable. I haven’t had any problems with it while walking around NYC in the rain. I wear other boots in the snow. Nothing works well on ice; the worst fall i ever took occurred in my best winter boots.
The ONLY sole I have found excellent on ice, is the Vibram "Ice-Grip" sole with the color changing things impeded in the sole, the colder/slipperier it gets, the more they grip. Not available on Alden's however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads