• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Friday! First wear of the year in the books for my B&M Brassvello Wingtip Boots. A late birthday celebration that was capped off by a visit to the Rolex Boutique to have my watch resized (weight loss has also shrunk my wrist).
PXL_20210115_215319410.jpg

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Friday! First wear of the year in the books for my B&M Brassvello Wingtip Boots. A late birthday celebration that was capped off by a visit to the Rolex Boutique to have my watch resized (weight loss has also shrunk my wrist).
View attachment 1536387
Congrats on the weight loss! Let's see a quick pic of the watch

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the weight loss! Let's see a quick pic of the watch
Thanks! Lost over 50lbs but put a few back on over the holidays and my birthday. Here's a pic of my watch I had the bracelet resized on (Rolex Daytona 116500LN)
PXL_20210115_223332308.jpg

cbondanz

Reaction score
Thanks! Lost over 50lbs but put a few back on over the holidays and my birthday. Here's a pic of my watch I had the bracelet resized on (Rolex Daytona 116500LN)
View attachment 1536416
View attachment 1536416
congrats on the weight lost and one amazing watch....what’s harder to get, a Daytona or Ravello’s?

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
congrats on the weight lost and one amazing watch....what’s harder to get, a Daytona or Ravello’s?
TBH, the Ravellos lol! I've been scouring eBay for MONTHS when I finally came across this pair that checked all the boxes for me.

I got super lucky with the Daytona right at the beginning of COVID when all the prices started to fall. Figured I could justify the grey market pricing and glad I did as the prices have gone way up (again).

Both are expensive hobbies (can add losing weight to that as well due to all the clothes I had to buy). Have to part way with some of my AEs since my foot also shrunk a little (more lean) and my v-gap is gone, causing heel slip.

Last edited:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I think I'm going to give Alden a second try after some unfortunate business last year and jump on the pre-order with Alden Madison for some black shell Indys with the neocork sole. Can anyone share some feedback on this sole? I'd imagine it'll be quite slippery when wet, but that doesn't bother me.

Thanks!

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I think I'm going to give Alden a second try after some unfortunate business last year and jump on the pre-order with Alden Madison for some black shell Indys with the neocork sole. Can anyone share some feedback on this sole? I'd imagine it'll be quite slippery when wet, but that doesn't bother me.

Thanks!

Candidly, I do not have a ton experience with it, as I only have one pair on the Neocork today. But its a very dense material and is the sole of choice on Alden’s Indy Boot. It’s supposed to be quite durable and rugged, but again prefer someone who has used it more to comment.

-Mike

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
View attachment 1536387

HisHeirness, your Brassvello WT Boots are looking truly exquisite! Such a great and lovely model.

View attachment 1536416

A very nice looking watch there my friend. Congratulations on the weight loss.

AuDog, your Natural CXL Indy Boots are looking just superb on you. A great model with the Brass Hardware!

-Mike

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been getting drowned by work as of lately; hence, I've become a hermit crab, I literally haven't gone out until today for the past week or so. Therefore, I decided to take a personal day. I took out my shell LHS since it was a sunny day here, 90 degrees in LA. Snapped a pic during a walk with my dog. I personally really like the color of Alden's #8, although I am interested to see how it ages. Does anyone else wear shell footwear if one is doing long walks?

Attachments

• shellLHS.jpg
    shellLHS.jpg
    401.8 KB · Views: 47

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1536387 .
Congrats on the weight loss and nice boots. I'm personally not a fan of white trousers or denim, it looks like denim, but they look great in your outfit.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're light grey denim. These have a tendency to get dirty (or at least show dirt) more frequently than all my other pants.
They're light gray?? Wow, they're really light. I raised my brightness all the way up and they still look white to me. I may be color blind or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads