• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

barutanseijin

Reaction score
Poking my head up again as I don’t get to SF much these days but a work dinner tomorrow means I get to wear some fancy shoes. Decided to with my Leffot 10th Anny ****ey boot. As with much of my shell, these had a bunch of bloom but cleaned up masterfully with a simple wipe and brush. First shot is after wiping/brushing the boot on the right. Second shot is once complete and third is with laces back in……..

View attachment 1717081 View attachment 1717082 View attachment 1717083
My exotics look great on the rack but every time I reach for something, it’s good ole color 8.

Edit: this is really strange but when I spell out the name of the boot my browser replaces the Coo with ***. As a Black man I think I see what they’re trying to guard against so I appreciate the thought but wow.
I’m with you on the color 8 question. I prefer it to other shell colors. However, it is nice to have some variety once in a while.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did anyone catch the current issue of Esquire? Keanu Reeves is shown wearing Aldens. Looks like shell cordovan plain toe boots:

View attachment 1717199 View attachment 1717200
Off-topic, personally, I think Keanu Reeves is overrated. I haven’t seen a film where his performance blows me away. He’s great at selecting his films tho. Devil’s Advocate was a good film.

DG123

Reaction score
Off-topic, personally, I think Keanu Reeves is overrated. I haven’t seen a film where his performance blows me away. He’s great at selecting his films tho. Devil’s Advocate was a good film.
Have you watched "Destination Wedding"?

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In what way is he overrated? He is famous for his action films. Not so much his acting skills.

DWH

Reaction score
Hello, friends—it’s been over a year since I posted on the forum. I haven’t acquired any new footwear besides running shoes in that time. When I think of this group I think of @audog, @smfdoc (remember when you starting buying boots?), @Misterg12 (recently referenced your ravello glaze fix), and others. Of course, my heart weighs heavy when I think of our friend, Jim @jpm1 and his current challenge with cancer. He is as good as it gets.
8474566B-233B-4F09-ABF8-8A722A78F740.jpeg

Attachments

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, friends—it’s been over a year since I posted on the forum. I haven’t acquired any new footwear besides running shoes in that time. When I think of this group I think of @audog, @smfdoc (remember when you starting buying boots?), @Misterg12 (recently referenced your ravello glaze fix), and others. Of course, my heart weighs heavy when I think of our friend, Jim @jpm1 and his current challenge with cancer. He is as good as it gets. View attachment 1717512
Good seeing you brother!!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hello, friends—it’s been over a year since I posted on the forum. I haven’t acquired any new footwear besides running shoes in that time. When I think of this group I think of @audog, @smfdoc (remember when you starting buying boots?), @Misterg12 (recently referenced your ravello glaze fix), and others. Of course, my heart weighs heavy when I think of our friend, Jim @jpm1 and his current challenge with cancer. He is as good as it gets. View attachment 1717512
Welcome back, some great boots there!

EndlessMike

Reaction score
There's probably a good reason SOP named a special makeup the Wick boot!

Will the Wick be the new Indy? Not likely, but time will tell.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you watched "Destination Wedding"?
No, is it a good film?

In what way is he overrated? He is famous for his action films. Not so much his acting skills.
He has a good following and I’ve met people who are really into Keanu Reeves as an actor. He has good PR for sure, I’ve come across several videos or interviews that try to mystify the man.
There is even a website of him with the domain ‘keanuisimmortal’, shit if that’s not hyping up a man idk what is.

im sure if you google his name or ‘who is Keanu reeves’ and keep scrolling and read the titles, you’ll get the gist of initial comment.

DG123

Reaction score
No, is it a good film?
"Destination Wedding" is different from any Keanu Reeve's movie I've seen. It's in Netflix inventory, or at least it was a few months ago, and I found it to be interesting, worthwhile viewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

What do you spend most of your clothing budget on?

• Outerwear

• Tailoring

• Sportswear

• Footwear

• Accessories

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattmagical