• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Friday Eve boys! Some loooong collars for the day's fare.

The Mrs. is at a friend's dinner party so it's me and the baby this evening. First time she's left the baby since she was born 2.5 months ago. Baby cuddles are certainly a new experience!

PXL_20211202_144811042.jpg
PXL_20211202_215843657.jpg
PXL_20211202_215848768.MP.jpg
PXL_20211203_001958089.jpg

DapperDan08

Reaction score

Hisheirness23

Reaction score
Just boarded my flight. Didn't forget to remove my boots before going through the metal detector. Someone behind me asked if we needed to remove our shoes and I didn't wanna explain to them about the metal shank, so I just said these are steel toe boots. Lol!
PXL_20211203_012752665.jpg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just boarded my flight. Didn't forget to remove my boots before going through the metal detector. Someone behind me asked if we needed to remove our shoes and I didn't wanna explain to them about the metal shank, so I just said these are steel toe boots. Lol!
View attachment 1713866
And I'm the guy, that even though TSA pre-check, certified # and all, has to take off boots no matter what. Gave up wearing Aldens on airplanes, I don't want to mess with it. I now were new balance tennis shoes when flying, easier for me.

Hisheirness23

Reaction score
And I'm the guy, that even though TSA pre-check, certified # and all, has to take off boots no matter what. Gave up wearing Aldens on airplanes, I don't want to mess with it. I now were new balance tennis shoes when flying, easier for me.
I was thinking the same, but decided it would be worth the effort since I gave myself plenty of time. I now keep a shoe horn in my side zippered pocket of my rolling luggage for such events!

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking great, Savvy. Savor those cuddles; they grew so fast.
Thank you kind sir!! :cheers: Indeed I have heard that.

We saw some friends last week who have a 5 year and 17 month old. The 17 month old was like a grown man compared to my daughter. Crazy how much changes in 15 months!

+!, and before you know it, they have kids of their own....
Nuts, I tell you. I am sure my parents think the same thing. I know my mother can't believe I'm already all grown up.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1713866

Visited the Arch a few years ago in my Alden boots and had to get metal-detected. Told the guy I had "a metal shank in my boots" and he wanded my ankles/boots and waved me through after I buzzed. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

What's Your Favorite Summer Shoe?

• Loafers

• Boat shoes

• Espadrilles

• Sneakers

• Desert Boots

• Sandals

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics