• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quoting my own post since I did not get any response last time. I’m finding that my Barrie lasted pairs are now fitting tighter over my instep. Maybe I’ve spent too much time with TB or feet have changed. Any case, I need a new size in Barrie and I’m in Midwest, with no local retailers. I tried 8.5E Barrie against my 8.5D TB and there is no instep pressure but the length and volume is noticeably more (see pic with Barrie left, TB right). I can make do with thicker socks but wondering if anyone has any advice that will help me dial in the fit. Thanks in advance.
View attachment 1689607
Tell you what I do. I go 8D in TruBalance and 8.5D in Barrie. Best to be larger than smaller because you can always use cushioned insoles to take up some excess volume.

troika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Model #? Could be sun-dyed #8...
These were a custom order it seems like. Does anyone have more info about these details?
20211019_114058.jpg

This is the leather in sunlight, seems unlikely that it was ever color 8 given how even the tan color is across the shoe.
20211020_105744.jpg

Ancestral Star

Reaction score
New to me - unlined shell chukkas on Leydon. They were a custom order for someone else, so not sure exactly what the color is, but I'm thinking either Ravello or Whiskey.
Incredible. Love the stock Leydon chukkas, so someone needs to make this make-up! Lined or unlined.

Hisheirness23

Reaction score
AoM Color 8 Jumper Boots for Friday eve. Company is giving us a day off tomorrow, so it's rather quiet today. Took the opportunity to visit a different area of the office that doesn't have a fugly carpet.
PXL_20211021_194108069.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.