• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Sheepdog

Reaction score
Also meant to ask - Have any of you bought the color 16 Rancourt bits from Leffot? How does the color compare to Alden color 8? I'm on the fence about the Rancourts and if the color is similar to brand new Alden 8 I may have to bite.

BAK

Reaction score
Also meant to ask - Have any of you bought the color 16 Rancourt bits from Leffot? How does the color compare to Alden color 8? I'm on the fence about the Rancourts and if the color is similar to brand new Alden 8 I may have to bite.
If you compared a #8 shell and a #16 shell direct from Horween you'd see a significant difference. However since Alden applies their own finish to #8 a finished #8 shoe from Alden will be comparably darker than the #8 shell direct from Horween. Which is to say the #16 bit from Rancourt/Leffot is very close in color to what you know as #8 from Alden.

Hisheirness23

Reaction score

Sheepdog

Reaction score
Was that a pre-order from Brogue? Or is it just one of the models they always offer? Can you link it here?
Yes, it was a pre-order. Just noticed they removed them from their pre-order page recently. Although if you're a standard size, I would think they'll have some in stock for buyers who didn't get in on the order. Here's the link to the few left from the last run:

https://www.brogueshop.com/products/alden-short-wing-blucher?_pos=1&_sid=27bc8ce51&_ss=r

(mods feel free to delete if not allowed)

I understand they've had this pair several times over the years, so if you need a special size I can imagine they will run them again.

Sheepdog

Reaction score
If you compared a #8 shell and a #16 shell direct from Horween you'd see a significant difference. However since Alden applies their own finish to #8 a finished #8 shoe from Alden will be comparably darker than the #8 shell direct from Horween. Which is to say the #16 bit from Rancourt/Leffot is very close in color to what you know as #8 from Alden.
Thanks! Always appreciate your insight.

Reactions: BAK

Ancestral Star

Reaction score
love Alden chukka’s. How soft are they once broken in? Im in between Barrie widths and going a little loose with chukkas is a recipe for disaster to me
Mine have definitely softened nicely. Once the shell rolls and molds to your foot, they're like butter.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.