• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Yenni at B&M continues to impress with their make-ups! Just got these Color 8 9-Eyelet Straight Tip boots and am debating whether I will experiment with these and sun fade them. Love the reverse welt, antique edges, and double waterloc soles! Renovateur and some Guarded Goods laces await these!
View attachment 1643870
View attachment 1643872
View attachment 1643873
View attachment 1643875
View attachment 1643876
Those are impeccable and definitely a superb design and wonderful execution!

-Mike

Hisheirness23

Reaction score
On which days do you plan on leaving them outside in the sun? Also, do you have a dog and does it bite?
Since we're still WFH, I was considering doing it a few hours a day in the backyard, making sure to rotate and possibly bring back in periodically to recondition. No dog, but doesn't mean they won't be exposed to other critters/creatures like these dang lizards and squirrels.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Does the snuff vary in color or is this just a trick of the lighting? I find the color of the first pair more appealing than the more reddish second pair

View attachment 1644178
View attachment 1644179
It has varied a bit over the years, the top one is much more akin to the modern shade that it has taken on. The bottom looks more like the Snuff that was offered around the 2010 - 2013 timeframe.

-Mike

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It has varied a bit over the years, the top one is much more akin to the modern shade that it has taken on. The bottom looks more like the Snuff that was offered around the 2010 - 2013 timeframe.

-Mike
Thanks, Mike!

djbanor

Reaction score
Has anyone heard that Alden no longer makes an NST Barrie shoe? Aberdeen only.
I haven't heard this. I recently purchased NST shoes on Barrie and on Plaza. I believe several others are in production.

alpenglowing

Reaction score
4A799A72-0D53-4F58-AE17-6E78B7E522F2.jpeg

I normally browse the Viberg thread, but have recently developed an itch for more Aldens. I just received these black shell DeRosa cap toes from Alden Madison over the weekend, and am quite impressed so far. They’re fairly lightweight and comfortable, and a great value overall. These are my first Barrie lasted shoes in the E width (10E), which fit much better than my others that are 10D.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.