• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Ancestral Star

Reaction score
Hello friends. I'm considering Brogue's Ruby Hill boot. Could someone confirm that the 379X last is not available in C widths (or narrower)? I'm a C width on all other lasts, but I'm wondering if I could get away with a D width here. Thank you!

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
random question - has anyone ever see any LHS make ups with a neo-cork sole? or is that pretty much reserved for boots?

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice tie!
Thank you! My only 100% wool tie; probably one of my favorites because it reminds me of old films and the Golden Age of Cinema.

It's a Sam Hober.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It is a black shell Friday forum pals.

IMG_0568.jpg

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

kellte2

Reaction score
Scored these beauties as seconds from TSM. Appears to be the Calton Hill Balmoral from Brogue. Only flaw I can find is the semi-circular surface scratch near the facings on the right shoe. Seems to want to crease a little at that point, so I’ll try the pencil trick to set the crease.

Loving the makeup!
8CACAD77-7197-4AC0-A894-A05CE18F8E23.jpeg

Last edited:

BAK

Reaction score
Could someone confirm that the 379X last is not available in C widths (or narrower)? I'm a C width on all other lasts, but I'm wondering if I could get away with a D width here. Thank you!
D & E only.
random question - has anyone ever see any LHS make ups with a neo-cork sole? or is that pretty much reserved for boots?
You won't find Neocork on loafers (too heavy). It's mostly for boots and shoes that are appropriate for the sole.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.