• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents,

Can anyone shed some light on the old AldenxBB M-58 last for me and sizing?

The plain toe bluchers were made on them.

The other Brooks last, the M-75, fits just like Plaza, TTS.

Will M-58 fit the same way? Consensus on the net seems to be that it's different than the Barrie, but can't figure out by how much.

Thanks!

SSingh1975

Reaction score
Yall think that I can pull off with slim shorts and my Indy's 405? Going on vacation for a whole week to Hawaii starting next week so thinking of taking my 405s and my Keen hiking sandals.

I'm thinking black t shirt/or shirt, with slim cargo shorts, 405s and angle socks. Kinda a "lost traveller" look ..
Random google picture:
Capture.JPG

barutanseijin

Reaction score
Yall think that I can pull off with slim shorts and my Indy's 405? Going on vacation for a whole week to Hawaii starting next week so thinking of taking my 405s and my Keen hiking sandals.

I'm thinking black t shirt/or shirt, with slim cargo shorts, 405s and angle socks. Kinda a "lost traveller" look ..
Random google picture:
View attachment 1624145
[/QUOT
To Hawaii? Are you going hiking? If not, a pair of unlined LHS might be more versatile.

DG123

Reaction score

Random google picture:
View attachment 1624145
Leave the Keen hiking sandals at home and go Indy boots all day every day.

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Random google picture:
View attachment 1624145
No

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Random google picture:
View attachment 1624145
Taste is subjective and this looks cool to me. I wouldn't do it but I think it looks alright on you. Most importantly, what I have learned during this very expensive shoe journey is that the only thing that matters is how what you wear makes you feel. One day you may be feeling a little adventurous and feelin good and a week later look at the pic's and wonder 'WTF was I thinking about'? Do you my-man. If it's shorts and boots, go for it.

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Taste is subjective and this looks cool to me. I wouldn't do it but I think it looks alright on you. Most importantly, what I have learned during this very expensive shoe journey is that the only thing that matters is how what you wear makes you feel. One day you may be feeling a little adventurous and feelin good and a week later look at the pic's and wonder 'WTF was I thinking about'? Do you my-man. If it's shorts and boots, go for it.
That’s well put and I agree. I’m not sure why on a trip to Hawaii you would wear boots, I’d be in flip flops but to each their own!

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Random google picture:
View attachment 1624145
+1
With as much money as we all spend on shoes, wear them however you see fit. If you’re feeling it, enjoy and wear in great health!

SSingh1975

Reaction score
To Hawaii? Are you going hiking? If not, a pair of unlined LHS might be more versatile.
oh..have planned tons of hiking, especially the volcano state park. I have my Keen sandals. I've used these religiously for all my kayaking/hiking trips over the years and I always buy these once they are worn out. Highly recommend it. The vibram outsole is rock solid even on wet rocks, etc.
20210613_152520.jpg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.