• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I’ve only worn these twice so far, no rain or scuffing or anything. Do y’all know what’s happening? Did Alden just mess up applying their shell coating?

View attachment 1611190

I guess I didn’t notice it at first since you can only see it under a lot of light
Are you referring to the uneven color or the possibly looks like finish cracking on the creases?

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I’ve only worn these twice so far, no rain or scuffing or anything. Do y’all know what’s happening? Did Alden just mess up applying their shell coating?

View attachment 1611190

I guess I didn’t notice it at first since you can only see it under a lot of light
It looks like an uneven dye job to me. I’ve had that on a pair of Color 8 seconds. I think you should return them if you paid firsts prices.

aapmm

Reaction score
Are you referring to the uneven color or the possibly looks like finish cracking on the creases?
Ya the uneven color, I imagine it’s not something that’s would easily blend over time :(

Should I email Alden or Gentlemen’s footwear (where I got them)?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ya the uneven color, I imagine it’s not something that’s would easily blend over time :(

Should I email Alden or Gentlemen’s footwear (where I got them)?
Let the retailer handle, that'll be the easiest way

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the shoes, but honestly hope the trousers are that high above ankle due to bending over to take photos...
Haha, I'm not that trendy! I'm a classic type of guy where my wallet can afford it.

They ride up on certain styles when I bend over - also more pronounced because it's a loafer versus a shoe style.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.