• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

BoydsShoes

Reaction score
Ugh it's such an awful feeling. No issues with any other lasts except TB. have a pair on Barrie but I've ended up just stretching that area out with wear (roughout leather). Barrie's not great for me either.

I'd love to order from Ealdwine but I'm in Canada :)

Ok that's an awesome boot. I love the shape of Copley, just wish it had a bit of support. Feels very flat.

Speaking of Copley,

Tan suede derbies on Copley last! Derosa pattern. The suede is waxed and matted down, that's why it has a nubuck look and creases in the forefoot:

View attachment 1608442

View attachment 1608443

View attachment 1608444

View attachment 1608445
My nubuck Alden bluchers look almost identical, right down to the stains being in identical places!

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks
1st makeup
Absolutely. Thank you. Still need to get a pair of wing tip boots myself!
Those are nice, who's make-up?
I know he already said Moulded, but almost anytime I see Modified, I think Moulded. Unless it's a rare pair from our friends overseas in Europe or Japan.

I still say this is the perfect dress shoe. Perf cap gives it just the right amount of pop when paired with a blue pin stripe suit. The color on yours is just incredible Savvy.
Thank you, and I completely agree! I love all of my shoes, but this pair is just so simple and classic! I particularly like the pinking on the end of the cap versus the AE Fifth Avenue which is just a plain stitch. A small detail, but it really adds some pizzazz!

I think these are a 2012 makeup and the photos didn't showcase their full cherry colored glory! One of the most chameleon color 8s I have.

Tassels 'err-day (everyday)! :fistbump:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
These beat up old Cape Cods make for good Friday shoes. What's the best replacement...Rancourt maybe?
View attachment 1609666
I personally vote for Rancourt. They made Alden’s Cape Cod’s for a while from what I have been told. They have a superb MTO program where you can go nuts in virtually any design element from material to sole to lining. Just give them a call.

cheers,
Mike

Hisheirness23

Reaction score

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whose make-up is this? Absolutely stunning shade of Ravello!
Thanks. The shoe mart. A comment made in reference to earlier posts asking about rare shell. They have a list, I asked to get on, and it took a few years before they made me an offer. I declined the first, and they then offered these LWBs about a year after that. YMMV.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Threads of Apollo Leather Jackets: Which 2-tone colourway do you like the best?

• Blue

• Red

• Gold

• All of the Above

• None of the Above

Results are only viewable after voting.