• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are pictures of some beautiful green boots!

View attachment 1608309

View attachment 1608310
I love those boots. I’m bummed I didn’t grab a pair when they were available.

Slowly coming around on darker denim. Paired here with my Ravello splits......

View attachment 1608304View attachment 1608305

I get more excited about these shoes with every crease, mild scrape, and other indications of wear.
Those look really great. Love how well balanced that pattern is on Barrie.

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

adrs1157

Reaction score
Everyone's entitled to their opinion I guess, though I'm honestly shocked someone out there does.
I have friends like him. Young early 20s engineering students. They are smart, clear and brutally honest. Stoic and abrasive. And they have no idea how to read the room and how to properly convey tone. Both in speech and in writing, but especially in writing.

They are not exposed to situations where such nuances are required in their day-to-day. Hired straight out of school, they write like they are composing a scientific paper. Context be damned.

Maybe I'm reaching a little with this, but this is the impression I get from reading @NYCTechNerd posts. He can choose to write his post in 20 different ways to still express himself while appealing to the audience of this thread. But he doesn't.

It's a change to the overall feel of the thread, that's all. For better or worse.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look really great. Love how well balanced that pattern is on Barrie.
And the light bulb just went on. That's the perfect description of this version. Balanced. Much appreciated Jeff. Thanks.

Amazing shade on those. The last few Ravello runs have been sooo good
Well you would certainly know that as well as anyone. Your recent scores have been incredible. Thanks!

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And the light bulb just went on. That's the perfect description of this version. Balanced. Much appreciated Jeff. Thanks.

Well you would certainly know that as well as anyone. Your recent scores have been incredible. Thanks!
Thanks! Truth be told I was offered a pair and passed because I had the Aberdeen makeup DC did last year but after seeing your and Mike's pairs I feel like I've made a big mistake. Oddly enough I did the exact same thing with Madison's u-tip makeup and regretted that one as well after I saw the finished product :-D

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Truth be told I was offered a pair and passed because I had the Aberdeen makeup DC did last year but after seeing your and Mike's pairs I feel like I've made a big mistake. Oddly enough I did the exact same thing with Madison's u-tip makeup and regretted that one as well after I saw the finished product :-D
Interesting. I have an Aberdeen version from TSM from a few years back but didn't hesitate to grab the Barrie version. While my better half would disagree, they are completely different shoes to me.

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uh huh.. I’m sure there will be more than enough Manhattanite fair weather fans that will flock to the Mets once Steve Cohen dumps his fortune into the franchise.

Yah know, sorta like what happened with the nets.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.