• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Mother’s Day forum pals. Blue CXL In wonky lighting.

80DE7E6C-D844-4C54-9695-90A358B5A820.jpeg

Last edited:

JIMIG

Reaction score
Hi. I am considering these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/254955716169?hash=item3b5c8b7e49:g:aAsAAOSw2gJghYnw

However, I haven’t tried on any aldens, and there are no local retailers where I live. I have had troubles finding well fitting loafers in the past. Either heel slip or too narrow toe box.

Here is some of my sizing experience (all sizes are EU/UK):

1) Carmina Oxford on rain last sz 9: slightly large, fits well with an insole in the toe box
2) C&J lonsdale 8E: slightly small initially but fits well after the break in period
3) meermin lace ups (derby’s and boots on Hiro 9E): fits well
4) Sanders loafers Matt 8.5F: a bit tight. Wearable, but painful at the end of the day
5) herring Barcelona 2 tassel loafer 8: like the sanders

I had to return Löf and ring Alvares II tassel loafer in 9 and Loake russel tassel loafer 8.5 due to heel slipping.

would be very grateful for sizing advice in Alden penny loafers, and whether you think the one I posted would fit.

thanks!

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi. I am considering these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/254955716169?hash=item3b5c8b7e49:g:aAsAAOSw2gJghYnw

However, I haven’t tried on any aldens, and there are no local retailers where I live. I have had troubles finding well fitting loafers in the past. Either heel slip or too narrow toe box.

1) Carmina Oxford on rain last sz 9: slightly large, fits well with an insole in the toe box
2) C&J lonsdale 8E: slightly small initially but fits well after the break in period
4) Sanders loafers Matt 8.5F: a bit tight. Wearable, but painful at the end of the day

I had to return Löf and ring Alvares II tassel loafer in 9 and Loake russel tassel loafer 8.5 due to heel slipping.

would be very grateful for sizing advice in Alden penny loafers, and whether you think the one I posted would fit.

thanks!
paging @JayDotz

Can't help you on sizing but you should buy them through the forum instead of ebay (win-win) if you decide that they will fit.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thanks!
I have those same loafers and there isn’t any heel slip for me (narrow heel). I wish more makeups were on Copley last.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.