• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

DG123

Reaction score
While I appreciate the response, Neocork is actually terrible for walking miles and miles because it has little to no give and as such can become very uncomfortable not giving the wearer much cushion. \
Not really. There is a reason the highest quality footwear produced for working/standing on concrete long hours and , or, walking lots of miles have relatively rigid soles/bottoms and little to no insole cushioning. Flexible soles and insole cushioning are there to fool consumers into thinking "this is comfortable". But people who walk the walk know better; that is rigid outsoles, steel shanks, above the ankle upper patterns, and firm insoles are what works best for day-to-day, month-to-month, year-to-year foot-body support, health.

adrs1157

Reaction score
Not really. There is a reason the highest quality footwear produced for working/standing on concrete long hours and , or, walking lots of miles have relatively rigid soles/bottoms and little to no insole cushioning. Flexible soles and insole cushioning are there to fool consumers into thinking "this is comfortable". But people who walk the walk know better; that is rigid outsoles, steel shanks, above the ankle upper patterns, and firm insoles are what works best for day-to-day, month-to-month, year-to-year foot-body support, health.
For me, neocork is not comfortable for long periods of time on a hard floor. Leather is the best to my feet, followed by rubber (commando style, not wedge).

My feet are aching at the end of the day wearing neocork. It just doesn't break in.

Neocork probably outlasts both though.

NYCTechNerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And I find neocork a nice sole for a boot. If I were walking miles and miles,,might prefer a leather sole.

For me, neocork is not comfortable for long periods of time on a hard floor. Leather is the best to my feet, followed by rubber (commando style, not wedge).

My feet are aching at the end of the day wearing neocork. It just doesn't break in.

Exactly, Neocork has its place but not as a comfort sole for long walks of miles and miles.

Ginuwine

Reaction score
No I really don’t but a cursory search led me to a few other similar brand name products like; de-solv-it, un-du and goof-off. Also found a plethora of natural and flammable alternatives (also personally untried) from dawn dishwashing detergent and baking soda to kerosine, olive oil and mayonnaise. Out of all of these, I’d be the most surprised if mayonnaise turns out to be the winner.
Got the Goo-gone and it worked great! a good tooth brush, some elbow grease and paper towel to wipe it all out.

Thanks again! I guess the next chap can try mayo lol

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks