• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
What do you think about the milkshake? Was contemplating this shade...
Yeah, this is my first pair and my second pair (Indy via LaRossa) is shortly behind them. It’s a pretty cool color in my opinion but being a really light color, it isn’t as versatile, so I wouldn’t make it my first suede, but definitely a nice addition!

-Mike

lcdx22

Reaction score
I personally found the Milkshake suede color varied from light grey to light tan. Would recommend an ask before buy if the color matters.

Here's an example of variation within a pair:
View attachment 1599240
I am not 100% sure as I don't have an undergrad in color theory, but to my amateur eyes they look different.

X_dSF

Reaction score
I am not 100% sure as I don't have an undergrad in color theory, but to my amateur eyes they look different.
Don't have a degree either. But they surely different in color. Also need to point out they both have a much brown shade than the mayor's milkshake u-tip.

lcdx22

Reaction score
Don't have a degree either. But they surely different in color. Also need to point out they both have a much brown shade than the mayor's milkshake u-tip.
Yeah lighting also plays a role with light shades. I'm looking forward to seeing what my first pair turns out like. I'm in the Plaza U-Tip boot from Ealdwine.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been using the AE product, but I think its too dark. I'll try a neutral.
The neutral or whatever transparent AE edge dressing is, to me, the best edge dressing for any type of lighter edge. I use it on pretty much every shoe except black welts/edges.

The chili edge dressing in parts too much of a red color for my liking. Neutral maintains the original color much better.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Threads of Apollo Leather Jackets: Which 2-tone colourway do you like the best?

• Blue

• Red

• Gold

• All of the Above

• None of the Above

Results are only viewable after voting.