• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to belabor a point, but MilkshakeView attachment 1598058
Have I lost track or is this pair #3 for the day? I'd love to get some milkshake suede and nearly bought that awesome BB pair of u-tips that @mdubs added recently. For now, I will continue to live vicariously since I have a 3 year old in the house and the probability of chocolate milkshake suede is too elevated to chance at the present time.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have I lost track or is this pair #3 for the day? I'd love to get some milkshake suede and nearly bought that awesome BB pair of u-tips that @mdubs added recently. For now, I will continue to live vicariously since I have a 3 year old in the house and the probability of chocolate milkshake suede is too elevated to chance at the present time.
Yes pair #3, which is not uncommon for me (retired, not much else to do once house is clean). A 3 yr old is more important than any footwear, so enjoy the ride and pay more attention to him/her than to any shoes or boots.

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure how technical ivory not being white is, but I expect a dissertation...

Alden offers both milkshake suede and and ivory calf suede. Ivory is most definitely white.

Odd instinct to tell a guy, who knows that he purchased white shoes, that his shoes are not what he thinks. While supporting that with a flurry of links that are obviously a different color.
"White" is apparently a mine field. Whatever happened to eggshell or adobe whites?

1619136461879.png

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to belabor a point, but MilkshakeView attachment 1598058
And that is what is great about Alden, there are enough colors/makeups/styles to go around. Personally, I like the milkshake/lighter color suede, but totally respect and support YOUR choices in footwear. After all, it's what makes America great, different opinions and respect for all of them :)
Yeah I love those milkshake indys

X_dSF

Reaction score
Was also confused for the "ivory suede" when I saw them first time. Ivory (the color) is also somewhere between tan and white in my mind. However they are definitely the same as the "white buck" leather after a quick comparison.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy