• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it’s certainly unique (and won’t be made again), but the only question is whether it is too “different” for you.
They are different. I think I like them. I did learn that it was a VERY difficult design to make and you are probably right, Alden won’t do them again.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if these are yours... but honest answer only since you asked. I can't help but think that they'd look better as a saddle style derby with a utip apron.
I did buy them. I’m still waiting for them to arrive. I am trying to figure out if I love them or hate them. I do know it is likely they won’t be made again. I got an amazing deal on them in my odd size and they are new in box.

NYCTechNerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you all think about this Alden Make-up?

View attachment 1589649View attachment 1589650
More importantly, what do you think of them?

It's a large amount of money to spend if you are not 100% in love with them.

I did buy them. I’m still waiting for them to arrive. I am trying to figure out if I love them or hate them. I do know it is likely they won’t be made again. I got an amazing deal on them in my odd size and they are new in box.
This has always led to buyers remorse in my life. A good deal does not equal a good decision.

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden for the afternoon. The feet were getting a little tired and these are more comfortable.

IMG_0211.jpg

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I too love a well structured shoe for comfort... those Harvest LWB’s came out outstanding .. I keep eyeballing the image.. beautiful..

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More importantly, what do you think of them?

It's a large amount of money to spend if you are not 100% in love with them.

This has always led to buyers remorse in my life. A good deal does not equal a good decision.
Im a collector. So, even if I decide I don’t love the looks of them, I’m still going to be happy that I have a pair of these and Alden is probably never going to make another.

Also, the more I look at the picture, the more I like them. They are so different than any other Aldens I have seen. That’s the fun of the Alden Make-Up. The factory is pretty conservative with the styles they make tons of. But, these are much more unique than others.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
color 4 is raining down this year

which store had these?
San Francisco did. They were all pre reserved.

I have heard that Color #4 is going to now be a regular offering in Alden’s exotic rotation. So if you haven’t gotten on some of these recent orders, there is hope on the horizon.

-Mike

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have heard that Color #4 is going to now be a regular offering in Alden’s exotic rotation. So if you haven’t gotten on some of these recent orders, there is hope on the horizon.

-Mike
nice. love plain toe shell boots.

nbernie

Reaction score
How do the boots fit on all but the top racks?

-Mike
In addition to, or as a replacement for, whiskey?

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
In addition to, or as a replacement for, whiskey?
Well, Horween apparently hasn’t made Whiskey in about the last 12-18 months from what I have heard due to environmental considerations. They have replaced it with Bourbon and all of the recent Whiskey models have been made out of Bourbon Shells.

It is my understanding that the new exotics are Bourbon (may still be referred to as Whiskey and even carry same model numbers), Color #4, Ravello, and Cigar in addition to Color #8 and Black. Hope that helps!

-Mike

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%