• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

H. E. Pennypacker

Reaction score
Newbie poster here, so I don't have a "one that got away" story yet for Alden's....but did just get my hands on these Tobacco Reverse Chamois Indy's from Alden SF. Beauties..

View attachment 1566893
Those are really nice. I'm going to add a second pair of Indy boots, for sure in reverse chamois just debating between earth or tobacco.

H. E. Pennypacker

Reaction score
Either one is nice, why not get both???
Is there a thing as too many Indy boots? hahah. It really depends on if I get a pair of Viberg's service boots in tobacco reverse cham. I also have snuff suede Indys, so I can't really warrant a second brown suede Indy, especially if I follow thru with the Viberg option.

giorgioorwell

Reaction score
Those are really nice. I'm going to add a second pair of Indy boots, for sure in reverse chamois just debating between earth or tobacco.
Decisions, decisions...The earth ones with dark eyelets and speed hooks (not brass) seem like the slightly dressier option. I basically live in dark denim and occasionally chinos so the dark brown was a better match for my usage!

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A Snappy Wednesday to you.

PXL_20210303_143930326.jpg
PXL_20210303_143609398.jpg
PXL_20210303_143621996.jpg

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a thing as too many Indy boots? hahah. It really depends on if I get a pair of Viberg's service boots in tobacco reverse cham. I also have snuff suede Indys, so I can't really warrant a second brown suede Indy, especially if I follow thru with the Viberg option.
The correct amount of Indy's (or any Alden for that matter) is N + 1

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Time to trudge around the property with an arborist. The remaining snow calls for the AT sole.

IMG_0062.jpg

NYCTechNerd

Reaction score
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: If you wear a 10.5D or 13D, Brooks Brothers has those sizes left in the Brooks Brothers x Alden burgundy calfskin tassel loafer on closeout sale for $279.

View attachment 1543076View attachment 1543077View attachment 1543078
For all of you with a 13D, how have none of you purchased these yet?

They are another 25% off which means you can purchase a new and original Brooks Brothers x Alden tassel calfskin loafer for only $209.25. I am tempted to purchase them and then put them on eBay for twice the price.

Johnniegold

Reaction score
For all of you with a 13D, how have none of you purchased these yet?

They are another 25% off which means you can purchase a new and original Brooks Brothers x Alden tassel calfskin loafer for only $209.25. I am tempted to purchase them and then put them on eBay for twice the price.

And maybe get another 15% off if you sign up for BB mailing list. 😳

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As long as they are "sufficiently distinct" it's hard not to keep acquiring Indys.

I have a pair of tan suede on red microsole. They are really light and great for spring and summer.
I have a pair of Color #8 on commando.
I have a pair of cigar on plaza last on commando.

The tobacco reverse chamois from Alden SF are definitely on my list. I'd probably have ordered a pair already had my cigar Indys not sated my desire for new boots, at least for the time being.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What Is The Best Value Shoe Brand For Money?

• Meermin

Votes: 32 15.2%
  • TLB Mallorca

Votes: 35 16.6%
  • Cheaney

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Carmina

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Crockett & Jones

Votes: 35 16.6%
  • Other

Votes: 72 34.1%