• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of course, my size is gone.
It's just not meant to be, buddy!

PS: It looks like others are trying hard to get you two to connect in the ether! Good luck finding your unicorn. :bounce2:

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well boys, looks like I have a preorder coming that I did not expect, nor ask for! This one's a bit out of the ordinary from your standard makeups we usually see 'round these parts...

According to the experts, it'll be appearing sometime in late September unless things don't go as planned with the factory! ;)

This is the very first for Mrs. Savvy & I; I always joked it would go like this (unexpected, out of the blue), and it seems I was right!

Still in shock, and I'm honestly super nervous, but excited for the future. We haven't told our families yet as we're planning to tell them in person in the coming weeks, so I had to spill my beans to somebody.

Cheers, and I'll drink Mrs. Savvy's along with mine! :cheers:

Baby.jpg

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well boys, looks like I have a preorder coming that I did not expect, nor ask for! This one's a bit out of the ordinary from your standard makeups we usually see 'round these parts...

According to the experts, it'll be appearing sometime in late September unless things don't go as planned with the factory! ;)

This is the very first for Mrs. Savvy & I; I always joked it would go like this (unexpected, out of the blue), and it seems I was right!

Still in shock, and I'm honestly super nervous, but excited for the future. We haven't told our families yet as we're planning to tell them in person in the coming weeks, so I had to spill my beans to somebody.

View attachment 1565665
Congrats!

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1565665
Excellent news! Congrats!

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1565665
sow your wild spending oats now!

shahtirthak

Reaction score

View attachment 1565665
Congrats to you both !!

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sow your wild spending oats now!
There's not enough room in the budget for little ol' me AND somebody else to shod them with 30+ pairs of dress shoes :fonz:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 1565665
Congratulations!!!

Johnniegold

Reaction score
@savvysartorial

Congrats! Always the best surprise.

Take comfort in the fact that if you need money to pay for books for a semester of college, you can always sell off your entire Alden collection. 😀

My dad used to say about having children:

“If you wait to have kids until you can afford them, you’ll never have them.” :lol:

Now, with one out of college and the other graduating from college in the spring, I joke with Mrs. Gold and say: “should we have another kid?”

Without looking up she said:

“Don’t you have some shoes to buy or something?”

Why yes, Honey. Yes, I do. 😎
10BCCA3B-44D6-4D21-BC5A-E6D240D42DE1.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 1565665
My wife spent her career as an Ultrasonographer and has no problem seeing what is in the scan, however, for me (and no offense meant by this at all), every ultrasound, including those of my own kids and grandkids, looks like when the Alien came out of the console to get Siguorny Weaver in the original Alien movie. I am so happy for you and wish a happy and really easy time until September. Kids trump footwear, any day!

barutanseijin

Reaction score
@savvysartorial

Congrats! Always the best surprise.
My dad used to say about having children:

“If you wait to have kids until you can afford them, you’ll never have them.” :lol:
My dad said the same thing. I ended up with children somewhat later in life. They were both something of a surprise. In a good way, of course.

Speaking of the old man, he taught at a college Belushi went to. Not surprisingly, Belushi said he couldn’t remember anything about the school. However, the model for animal house was supposedly one of the frat houses on Main St. where he hung out.

frankmartin

Reaction score
View attachment 1565060

March 2021: The One That Got Away

Gentlemen, I wanted to kick off March 2021’s monthly topic. This is now our third monthly topic, and I expect that this one will bring out some fairly interesting stories. Take all the time that you need to think of your personal response, as you got all month to work on a post that suits you and captures your thoughts, so no need to rush to post a response today!

The theme is "The One That Got Away", what I mean by that phrase is which Alden did you either not pick up when you had the opportunity to (had to pass on), sold and now regret it, or something disastrous happened to them? I imagine most will be in the first of these categories, but tossed the third one in there in case someone's puppy chewed up their Color #4 Boot or UPS/FedEx lost their Brassvello LWB. They don't have to be a super exotic, it could be a good old classic as well.

Please reply to this post to make your responses easier to see. Thank you so much and I very much look forward to seeing everyone’s thoughts (and I am sure discussions) this month!

-Mike
Brogue Shop sold a reverse green chamois short wing on Barrie, model D8509.

I was never sure when I would wear them, but I really wanted them. I figured they would garner more attention than I would want. I do think it was more the material than the design that appealed to me. I still google something like "Alden green chamois" about once a month. However, those are the one pair which I think I should have bought, but didn't.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There's not enough room in the budget for little ol' me AND somebody else to shod them with 30+ pairs of dress shoes :fonz:
You do know how this preorder came to be, no? :p

Congrats, though! It's an amazing experience...most of the time!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy