• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been saying for years @audog, those are the pair of shells I would own if I could only own one pair. Just an incredibly beautiful, versatile, and well-executed pair of footwear.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have been saying for years @audog, those are the pair of shells I would own if I could only own one pair. Just an incredibly beautiful, versatile, and well-executed pair of footwear.
Agree, and so happy I was able to get them. They would, perhaps, be the pair I would want to be buried in.

darkclassic

Reaction score
Red five - I'm goin in... for the 2021 Alden thread!

Strictly in the interest of bumping up the pic count in this new thread, here's my quick recap for last year's Alden scoops:

BOB20H.jpg

Alpine grain Hampton Atoms from the good guys at Ealdwine

BOB20D.jpg

Hampton SWB in ravello from a fellow SF friend :fistbump:

BOB20O.jpg

TSM tankers from another kind fellow here on SF

BOB20J.jpg

Color 8 Wingtips on Hampton from Ealdwine

Cigar PTBoot x TSM.jpg

TSM plain toe boots in cigar from yet another upstanding member of SF (I was experimenting with laces in this pic - went with the Viberg rounds)

proconsul humus.jpg

Proconsul humus suede plain toe boots from Shoeslikeclockwork aka @vestbash

BOB20A.jpg

...and finally these magnificent cigar Ealdwine Dr Gs from Matt & Jim

Happy new year Alden fans!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Red five - I'm goin in... for the 2021 Alden thread!

Strictly in the interest of bumping up the pic count in this new thread, here's my quick recap for last year's Alden scoops:

View attachment 1527274
Alpine grain Hampton Atoms from the good guys at Ealdwine

View attachment 1527275
Hampton SWB in ravello from a fellow SF friend :fistbump:

View attachment 1527272
TSM tankers from another kind fellow here on SF

View attachment 1527273
Color 8 Wingtips on Hampton from Ealdwine

View attachment 1527278
TSM plain toe boots in cigar from yet another upstanding member of SF (I was experimenting with laces in this pic - went with the Viberg rounds)

View attachment 1527279
Proconsul humus suede plain toe boots from Shoeslikeclockwork aka @vestbash

View attachment 1527276
...and finally these magnificent cigar Ealdwine Dr Gs from Matt & Jim

Happy new year Alden fans!
Oh yea!

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So many great pics of great makeups, makes me happy to share my baby steps in Alden. I started with quality GYW footwear only in 2019 after a lifetime of no-brand / mall-brand shoes. 2020 marked my entry into Alden and very quickly reached 3 pairs of basic Indy boots, nothing fancy. The knowledge on this thread has helped me tremendously and while I am under no illusion that I will be able to get my hands on rare shell Indys/Tankers (that too in size 13) anytime soon I will keep enjoying the great pictures on this and subsequent threads and be happy for those who acquire them.
Wishing all a safe, healthy, happy and prosperous 2021 .... we all need it :)
20201006_111444.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads