• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Friday kids. The good ole citishoes amaretto.
EB0D6395-B4D5-4587-ABBC-0BC8834D15EA.jpeg

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I posted something similar to this on the viberg thread yesterday on my C-2's. I love it when I see pristine shell that others post on this site but for me, I prefer aged shell. As such, as much as I love my Ealdwine Cigar Indy's, I need to get some mileage on them. Working from home during the pandemic makes that especially challenging. As such, these have just been added to my dog walking rotation......
20201204_072804.jpg
20201204_072340.jpg
20201204_071352.jpg
20201204_071107.jpg

Here's the full complement of my dog walking rotation. The 2's are a recent addition but the Black & Tan scouts have been there for about a month. No shine or wiping. And I love the way they look....
20201204_073151.jpg

Who knows, even with sweats I may be in the hunt for the best dressed dog walker award in Wilkins Township.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I posted something similar to this on the viberg thread yesterday on my C-2's. I love it when I see pristine shell that others post on this site but for me, I prefer aged shell. As such, as much as I love my Ealdwine Cigar Indy's, I need to get some mileage on them. Working from home during the pandemic makes that especially challenging. As such, these have just been added to my dog walking rotation...... View attachment 1510177 View attachment 1510178 View attachment 1510179 View attachment 1510180

Here's the full complement of my dog walking rotation. The 2's are a recent addition but the Black & Tan scouts have been there for about a month. No shine or wiping. And I love the way they look....

Who knows, even with sweats I may be in the hunt for the best dressed dog walker award in Wilkins Township.
These look freaking fantastic though. The variation is phenomenal and I'd be happy if they developed at a slower pace.

Alden Northwest

Reaction score
Guys,

I posted something similar to this on the viberg thread yesterday on my C-2's. I love it when I see pristine shell that others post on this site but for me, I prefer aged shell. As such, as much as I love my Ealdwine Cigar Indy's, I need to get some mileage on them. Working from home during the pandemic makes that especially challenging. As such, these have just been added to my dog walking rotation...... View attachment 1510177 View attachment 1510178 View attachment 1510179 View attachment 1510180

Sweet lordy! More power to ya, but I haven't even managed to lace mine up yet. I just get them out of the box for a few minutes, stare at them, then put them back in the plastic and back in the box. Takes me forever to decide to put the first rolls in brand new shell, they just look so dang good new!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So the Black and Tan Indy boots from our dear friends at Ealdwine were to be delivered yesterday.....they were at the local UPS hub yesterday morning....now they show "In Transit" with no ETA, sometimes UPS just ticks me off. Did they get put back on a truck to go somewhere else? Did they get lost in the hub? Even UPS can't tell me, they are just in the ozone somewhere. So a teaser pix
black-and-tan-cocktail-recipe-759593-7-5b3fac0cc9e77c0037379852.jpg

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
So the Black and Tan Indy boots from our dear friends at Ealdwine were to be delivered yesterday.....they were at the local UPS hub yesterday morning....now they show "In Transit" with no ETA, sometimes UPS just ticks me off. Did they get put back on a truck to go somewhere else? Did they get lost in the hub? Even UPS can't tell me, they are just in the ozone somewhere. So a teaser pix

It's holiday season. I purchased something from Brooks Brothers to ship to a family member in the Boston area. Brooks Brothers main online/shipping warehouse is only a few miles from the "Windsor Locks, CT" pick up point which is also less than 150 miles from Brookline, MA which is the destination. Even if you say the item had to go to the FedEx hub in NJ (at the airport), it should not have then gone to the FedEx hub in TN (at the airport), and then to the FedEx hub in East Boston (at the airport). This was a mistake and incorrectly routed.

1607120051376.png

The package travelled 2546 miles although it was originally only 150 miles from its destination.
1607120253238.png

Last edited:

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the Black and Tan Indy boots from our dear friends at Ealdwine were to be delivered yesterday.....they were at the local UPS hub yesterday morning....now they show "In Transit" with no ETA, sometimes UPS just ticks me off. Did they get put back on a truck to go somewhere else? Did they get lost in the hub? Even UPS can't tell me, they are just in the ozone somewhere. So a teaser pix View attachment 1510272
All the carriers are struggling right now and that looks good!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's holiday season. I purchased something from Brooks Brothers to ship to a family member in the Boston area. Brooks Brothers main online/shipping warehouse is only a few miles from the "Windsor Locks, CT" pick up point which is also less than 150 miles from Brookline, MA which is the destination. Even if you say the item had to go to the FedEx hub in NJ (at the airport), it should not have then gone to the FedEx hub in TN (at the airport), and then to the FedEx hub in East Boston (at the airport). This was a mistake and incorrectly routed.

View attachment 1510287

The package travelled 2546 miles although it was originally only 150 miles from its destination.
View attachment 1510292
All the carriers are struggling right now and that looks good!
I know they are, and once the COVID vaccine starts shipping it will be worse, but they were 12 miles from my house, at the hub, yesterday.....I mean how hard is it to say "OH, these should go on a local truck for delivery today" God only knows where they are right now, UPS certainly doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads