• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting these. Did Pro Cobblers express any concerns about adherence of the half sole to the original oiled leather sole? It's been a "sticking" point for my guy, historically. ;)
He didn’t express any issues, and said he will stand behind his work if I have any problems.

Darkishhaddock

Reaction score
Indys on commando for shoveling the driveway. No fashion shots here.

3F6ABF5A-8A18-426E-A1AE-5A1118DE79A1.jpeg

JAS01

Reaction score
Personally, I like a nice deep red look to the leather, and if I'm investing in a shoe, I want something that will last and look good.

Right now I'm waiting for a Monk color 8 to come in stock, and my ideal next pair would be one of the following:

Preferably the Oxfords over the Derby, since they're a little more formal.

How often do Color 4 makeups come around? I'm wondering if I should wait and hope, or just go for the two-tone saddle at shoemart as an X-mas present.

In my field I see a lot of light brown/tan with broguing, but most look cheap and boring. The color just looks dull; not at all like the Alden Whiskey, even though whiskey doesn't call to me, but the Color 4 saddles are love.

lcdx22

Reaction score
I think I can say that after shell, reverse tobacco chamois is my favorite Alden leather. I picked up Twill’s new RTC jumper and couldn’t be happier with it !

View attachment 1509612

Those are dope! Like AoCs plus hooks = win!
Would have jumped on these had I known when they were taking sizes.

I agree the reverse chamois is awesome.

I am waiting for my Earth reverse chamois jumpers from Judd Frost!

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good morning all, I'm looking to purchase my first pair of Indy boots, specifically the 405 in brown Calfskin. I got sized in Dallas at Culwell and Son, they suggested a 9D.

I am a 9.5D Brannock, 9.5D in all AE dress shoes, 9.5D in my AE 1757 last Higgins Mill boots, and a 10D in Nocona cowboy boots and all tennis shoes.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Not that I'll be wearing the boots with thick wool work/boot socks
Personally, I take the same size in Indy boot & Higgins Mill boot. My brannock is in between 9.5 & 10, but I’m closer to 10. I’ve been measured several times and consistently get different sizes from the associates that measure me.

Commisar

Reaction score
Personally, I take the same size in Indy boot & Higgins Mill boot. My brannock is in between 9.5 & 10, but I’m closer to 10. I’ve been measured several times and consistently get different sizes from the associates that measure me.

If your HM size and Indy size are 9.5 then you're "normal". It seems that your Brannock leans to a 10 or maybe 9.75. 90% of Alden sellers say go down 1/2 size from your Brannock/dress shoe size and/or 1 size from tennis shoes or sneakers. When I go buy the boots I'll check out a 9.5 just to be safe. As far as I've read, ONLY the Shoemart says take anything in Truebalance on your Brannock size. Everyone else says got 1/2 down from that. (of course, everyone has different feet) I don't want to be one of those guys on eBay selling his Indy's for $300 because they don't fit correctly..... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads