• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black Wednesday. Courtesy of TSM.
B9D249F9-C399-4DD7-A709-2C1E8BDDB43D.jpeg

Last edited:

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WUATF6K.jpg

Thank you to @Shawnc for a very pleasant buying experience, just received these cigar LHS after they spent a few days getting kicked down the road by USPS!

Absolutely my pleasure though sorry to hear about the added wait time. They look great and I'm glad they found a worthy home. Enjoy!

An oldie but goodie got the call for me today. Unlined splits, AOC-77 from our friends at AoC......

20201202_130354.jpg

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maiden voyage for these TSM Color 8 Wingtip Boots! Wingtip Wednesday this week is well represented! Appreciate this forum for its members sharing pics of their shoes. Gave me the idea to swap out the flat laces to these round laces (AE Brown 48" boot laces). Have already stocked up on additional laces for the Debonair I will be purchasing from Yenni at B&M.

PXL_20201202_195123925.jpg

PXL_20201202_195151538.jpg

serbarristan

Reaction score
One of my favorite things about this hobby is a strong shared interest but vastly different tastes. There’s a makeup in my head comprised of many of my favorite Alden things, but my question is “would anyone else even want these?”

Please let me know if there’s any intrigue created here before I post a failed crowdfund with Alden Madison.

Plain toe boot
Trubalance last
Humus suede
360 flat antique welt
Double waterlock sole with Starburst heel
Matching eyelets and hooks or all matching eyelets (only part I’m not married to if there’s preference one way or the other)

Finally, some garbage photoshopping of a pic borrowed from @BAK of our David Wood Hobsons, since he takes better pictures than I do and goes outside. This shows what a plain toe Trubalance boot with a flat welt in suede would look like from above (though the stitching would not be natural), and the second pic is of a humus plain toe boot upper.
BAK pic edit.jpg

Humus plain toe.png

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the boots but had to laugh .. I put the same granite throughout my home.. easy on the eyes..

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Love the boots but had to laugh .. I put the same granite throughout my home.. easy on the eyes..
Wasn't the original choice when we built 6 yrs ago, but the granite we had picked out had some massive cracks and they couldn't make the expanse of counter we needed and have enough for baths, bar, etc. So this was a "OMG they need to cut the counters tomorrow" decision. We are glad we made it though, it looks good and goes well with the cabinetry.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All countertops here.. works well with SW Sonoran Desert lighter design pallet..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics