• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only negative to a chukka is that short tongue. Shows too much sock for my eyes

20201201_062836.jpg

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A happy and cold Tuesday to all!

PXL_20201201_145805183.jpg
PXL_20201201_153843296.jpg
PXL_20201201_144042511.jpg

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure I will be corrected if I am mistaken, but I believe it's a reference to the Indiana Jones movie. The "Indy Boot" worn by Harrison Ford in the movie was an Alden Indy model 405. The original make-up from Ealdwine was a modification of this boot on Plaza last and in blue suede. The Dr. G refers to Matt Gray, the owner of Ealdwine. So instead of Dr. Jones it would be Dr. Gray. This new rare makeup plays homage to that.

A new Black and Tan version has just dropped as well.

Ha, thanks for the explanation...its all clear now. Indeed some nice makeups from Ealdwine!

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Is the black calfskin 971 Cap Toe Blucher dressy enough to wear with a navy or gray suit to weddings/funerals/etc. or does one really need an oxford?

I have never been a huge fan of the oxford. I appreciate the style but long and narrow shoes do not look good on me (or really work with my foot).

971_1-scaled.jpg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is the black calfskin 971 Cap Toe Blucher dressy enough to wear with a navy or gray suit to weddings/funerals/etc. or does one really need an oxford?

I have never been a huge fan of the oxford. I appreciate the style but long and narrow shoes do not look good on me (or really work with my foot).

971_1-scaled.jpg
In this day and age, it is plenty dressy enough for weddings an funerals.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Dr. Jones has landed. Quick inside snapshots. They are definitely my favorite boots. Holy cow, they are great. The color, the gold eyelets and hooks, the pull tab in the back, the Plaza last. Just so nice. Wore them for a quick stroll around the downstairs.

IMG_2567.jpg

Family portrait of Indy's and Indy adjacent. Trusty color #8 on commando and tan suede (all eyelets) on red microsole, along with the new guy.

IMG_2569.jpg

IMG_2570.jpg

My full collection of Alden boots. Adding color #8, Grant on double leather to the group.

IMG_2572.jpg

Let the Mocha or Cigar discussion begin. These are compared to some 11 year old Cigar oxfords I've shown before.

IMG_2573.jpg

IMG_2577.jpg

IMG_2578.jpg
IMG_2574.jpg
IMG_2575.jpg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

971_1-scaled.jpg

It will work well. Black, cap toe and leather soles. You will be better shod than 99% of the people there. If you get an address with the President or the Queen you can revisit the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads