• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cigar LHSes in need of some TLC.
IMG_7132.JPG

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe a daft question, but wondering why those boots (and some.others) are called Dr. G ?

slows2k

Reaction score
Ealdwine Morgan color 8, nothing fancy here, just good. View attachment 1507834

Looking good. I received my pair today and took them for a test drive, and they're fantastic. I'll get some pics after the rolls come in a bit. I could not be any happier with this makeup despite my earlier reservations about the 360 flat welt. They're THAT good.

Bruce410

Reaction score
Maybe a daft question, but wondering why those boots (and some.others) are called Dr. G ?
I'm sure I will be corrected if I am mistaken, but I believe it's a reference to the Indiana Jones movie. The "Indy Boot" worn by Harrison Ford in the movie was an Alden Indy model 405. The original make-up from Ealdwine was a modification of this boot on Plaza last and in blue suede. The Dr. G refers to Matt Gray, the owner of Ealdwine. So instead of Dr. Jones it would be Dr. Gray. This new rare makeup plays homage to that.

A new Black and Tan version has just dropped as well.

Last edited:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tanker Tuesday

C28F9CE2-129C-4E2A-AD3B-65C543DBC2DC.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads