• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shaw.. those Whiskey Harlech boots I saw not long ago on the Website.. cheaper direct from C&J rather than the NY store.. let me know if you need a contact..

Good lookin out Chip. I'll take it.

My second most favorite color #8’s.. Stock Fullstrap’s from circ 16. No sun fade.. just age.. Ya all be safe out there.. Believe it or not.. Thanksgiving DUI arrests and crash’s eclipse all major holidays..
View attachment 1504711

Yup, mine as well Chip. Your 8's age beautifully.

Anyone ever sun fade cigar? Is it doable? I have a pair I’d like to lighten.. thanks

I've never done it but I have seen people fade cigar.

serbarristan

Reaction score
Managed to get a nice divot patina putting these back on the shelf yesterday, so they got some love today. Happy turkey day to all who celebrate.
Dovers.jpeg

serbarristan

Reaction score
They look great, good job on removing that "patina"!
Haha look closely at the right shoe edge, center of the toe. Must have been metal framing around the closet, I barely bumped the corner wall and it took a triangle of the sole right out. Have to get creative with patina when not going anywhere I suppose.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Haha look closely at the right shoe edge, center of the toe. Must have been metal framing around the closet, I barely bumped the corner wall and it took a triangle of the sole right out. Have to get creative with patina when not going anywhere I suppose.
I see it, minor issue. Patina happens.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My new boots arrived today from TSM. First of all, the Modified last is without a doubt the best boot last I have tried so far for my feet. I have skinny heels, a narrow-ish waist and a wide ball, and this last feels even better than the Barrie. Heel to joint is perfect (where as my heel to joint is slightly forward in the Barrie). There is a lot of room at the instep and for my feet and ankles, this feels great. I immediately noticed that they were much easier to slip into than my Higgins in 8 D (these are 7.5 D). Just gotta say wow, these boots were made for a guy with my feet and ankles.

The bad? Only one thing. Both boots have a dark spot right in the middle of the toe area (at least they match). It's not very noticeable from a distance. I know cxl has a tendency to have this, no matter who makes them. I'm pretty certain these are the last pair. Am I being too picky?

The odd: There was some white-ish residue on the inside lining that I've never seen before. It seems to come off with my fingers rubbing it. Anyone know what this is?

I'll post some better pics later if I decide to keep them.

IMG_1610.JPG
IMG_1605.JPG

IMG_1613.JPG

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My new boots arrived today from TSM. First of all, the Modified last is without a doubt the best boot last I have tried so far for my feet. I have skinny heels, a narrow-ish waist and a wide ball, and this last feels even better than the Barrie. Heel to joint is perfect (where as my heel to joint is slightly forward in the Barrie). There is a lot of room at the instep and for my feet and ankles, this feels great. I immediately noticed that they were much easier to slip into than my Higgins in 8 D (these are 7.5 D). Just gotta say wow, these boots were made for a guy with my feet and ankles.

The bad? Only one thing. Both boots have a dark spot right in the middle of the toe area (at least they match). It's not very noticeable from a distance. I know cxl has a tendency to have this, no matter who makes them. I'm pretty certain these are the last pair. Am I being too picky?

The odd: There was some white-ish residue on the inside lining that I've never seen before. It seems to come off with my fingers rubbing it. Anyone know what this is?

View attachment 1504869 View attachment 1504870
View attachment 1504871
CXL will do this, they are boots and if they fit well, keep them and wear the sh*t out of them. That's my opinion. Oh, and the Saphir stuff for greasy leather (CXL) is great!

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CXL will do this, they are boots and if they fit well, keep them and wear the sh*t out of them. That's my opinion. Oh, and the Saphir stuff for greasy leather (CXL) is great!

They fit me so well that I just can't see returning them. It's like they took the AE 65 last and added quite a bit of extra room at the instep (but not too much).

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They fit me so well that I just can't see returning them. It's like they took the AE 65 last and added quite a bit of extra room at the instep (but not too much).
Exactly! I find that the 65 last is the best AE last for me, so if there is an Alden with more instep room, all the better.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 1504871
They look good to me. By the time they start creasing and darkening you’ll never notice

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1504871

I told you!

They look beautiful. My pair had same toe issue and I’ve never given it a second thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads