• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vnguyen_md

Reaction score
V-e-r-y helpful discussion on CJ sizing. It is the only reason I don't have one of their shell boots in my stable. This may remove some of the anxiety as I have always been enamored with some of their makes.

I am pretty sure we are similar size Shawn. I have no idea on the Harlech, but I think 8UK for you in the Coniston/325 last is your size. Fit similar to 8.5D Indy.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure we are similar size Shawn. I have no idea on the Harlech, but I think 8UK for you in the Coniston/325 last is your size. Fit similar to 8.5D Indy.

Yup, you and I are the same size (I know this because I pay particular attention to your B/S/T postings :cool:). Thanks!

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a wide foot so while I read sizing advice is to go 1 whole size down from TTS, I was advised to go .5 down by a CJ rep. They surprisingly fit exactly the same as my Grant boots. I measured them side by side and they are the same length too. I think if I went down 1 full size it would be too tight for me, but I can understand D width folks being able to do so...
Does the top of the shaft touch together for you? I noticed the shaft is a bit long in width, it completely wraps around my shin.

vnguyen_md

Reaction score
From what I understand the facings are long on CJ. They are meant to euro bar lace and almost close shut when new (later shutting entirely after break in) I don't want to go crazy with pics since we are in the Alden thread, but here you can see how the facings close when fully laced tight.
84BC86C1-4532-44B0-91DA-53EFE575F6D0.jpg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Agree on C&J facings. I have a few pairs that fit well on the feet but at top almost overlap.
I think Todd Snyder current bf sale applies to C&J. They’re still a bit more than buying from UK though. Most C&J lasts fit about the same and TTS except maybe 348 which is a bit narrow but also long. No big differences like with Barrie/TB.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
V-e-r-y helpful discussion on CJ sizing. It is the only reason I don't have one of their shell boots in my stable. This may remove some of the anxiety as I have always been enamored with some of their makes.
Those boots are on last 341. My other MTO boot is on last 325. Both I went one full size down from TTS. BTW there’s a MTO going on now Whiskey Galway double leather..

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two pair of C&J. One was a full size down on the 348 last (which is the chisel last) in the main benchgrade collection. The other is a handgrade collection balmoral boot, but it was made for Barney's NY in US sizing. Not sure the true size.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy wingtip Wednesday forum pals. Stay safe out there on this Thanksgiving eve. People will be acting crazy.

IMG_9691.jpg

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
V-e-r-y helpful discussion on CJ sizing. It is the only reason I don't have one of their shell boots in my stable. This may remove some of the anxiety as I have always been enamored with some of th
Shaw.. those Whiskey Harlech boots I saw not long ago on the Website.. cheaper direct from C&J rather than the NY store.. let me know if you need a contact..

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My second most favorite color #8’s.. Stock Fullstrap’s from circ 16. No sun fade.. just age.. Ya all be safe out there.. Believe it or not.. Thanksgiving DUI arrests and crash’s eclipse all major holidays..
DA5608F8-2D96-4DF7-A44E-C8812BE99527.jpeg

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever sun fade cigar? Is it doable? I have a pair I’d like to lighten.. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads