• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm really liking that suede loafer....loden?

Apparently it is Copley because "Alden x Brooks Brothers".

As far as I can tell, it is very similar to the current "9697F Dark Brown Suede" flex welt penny loafer but the BB version is actually 360 GYW and does not have the extra leather piece on the rear of the shoe.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apparently it is Copley because "Alden x Brooks Brothers".

As far as I can tell, it is very similar to the current "9697F Dark Brown Suede" flex welt penny loafer but the BB version is actually 360 GYW and does not have the extra leather piece on the rear of the shoe.
I have an LHS pair in dark brown suede and your pair seems to be lighter and a nicer shade than mine. Enjoy them! Btw, it seems like we're similar in sizing :wink:
I'm a 10 in the copley last.

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, trip to podiatrist today and the new, really stupidly expensive, custom orthotics are in. The important thing, they work with SHOES AND BOOTS!!! I am back in the shoe wearing business :) Have posted on the B/S/T thread, but everything I have listed either sells tonight, or is no longer available as of tomorrow. So if anyone was thinking, now is the time.

Audog, how do custom orthotics work? I always presumed that they took up so much space in the inner part of the shoe - even as you switch out the liner? - that it necessitated moving up a 1/2 or full size.

AHS

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ealdwine Raleigh has the “Morgan” coming soon.
View attachment 1485159
Photo from their website.

Dang! That looks perfect, but in Barrie I would need an E width (D in trubalance) and that’s not available for pre-order.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Audog, how do custom orthotics work? I always presumed that they took up so much space in the inner part of the shoe - even as you switch out the liner? - that it necessitated moving up a 1/2 or full size.

AHS
They used a laser thing to map my foot, made them out of some type of composite material that is very thin but rigid (I think it's a plastic, but that is just me. Think Mont Blanc "precious resin" plastic for pens). They take up very little volume in the shoe, lace gap may be a bit more, but overall fit is good, not constricting as one would expect. All I know is the darn things seem to work on initial try-out. I have not spent an entire day in them, so can't address that yet. Traditional orthotics (athletic shoe type) do take up a bunch of room. My old ones took up a lot of room, which is why I listed the shoes for sale, The new ones are thinner and since mapped to my feet, comfortable as well.

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dang! That looks perfect, but in Barrie I would need an E width (D in trubalance) and that’s not available for pre-order.
It is a beautiful boot! It couldn't hurt reaching out to Matt or Jim.

Last edited:

vnguyen_md

Reaction score
It is a beautiful boot! I couldn't hurt reaching out to Matt or Jim.
Yes reach out to them definitely. I missed the pre-order for E sizes on the Hampton wingtip color 8 boot, and suddenly halfway into the order they said they received some V-tips in Hampton instead so they were placing another re-order for the original wingtip design so I got in for an E-width after all lol

vnguyen_md

Reaction score
Some Ravello today

AE65CEFD-AE4C-4914-B947-15A518BF2AA4.jpg

0645E37C-DCDE-4E1D-8877-E852ABBDE605.jpg

3A8049F9-C9DE-4EAF-BA10-6DA6F539A148.jpg

Last edited:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Tanker Tuesday forum pals.

IMG_9575.jpg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Custom orthotics. The new ones are just a couple of mm shorter in height. And that makes all the difference in shoe fit.
IMG_5181.jpeg
Podiatrist even had a stationary belt sander thing and we adjusted the heel to fit the Aberdeen lasted shoes I wore to the appointment, and they work fine in even my TB boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads