• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpm1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CXL Straight Tips from Yenni
32B0FA24-9B21-4762-ACBE-50225C31A343.jpeg

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
My two weird Alden related questions for the day:
  1. Are the Alden green shoe boxes smaller than most other brands shoe boxes?
    (My blue Alden x Brooks Brothers are much smaller than others and I worry if it's bad to use them for storage)
  2. Would a 10D 972 Straight Tip Cap-Toe Blucher (on Copley, special makeup) fit the same as a 10E 972 Straight Tip Cap-Toe Blucher (on Aberdeen, stock makeup) if the only thing different is the last?

Last edited:

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cold and rainy, but it's the first day in the new role so all is good!

PXL_20201026_133555269.jpg
PXL_20201026_131938346.jpg

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice tie! I like the color pattern of your tie!

Thank you :) Sam Hober, Macclesfield tie. He has the best patterns and ties.

My two weird Alden related questions for the day:
  1. Are the Alden green shoe boxes smaller than most other brands shoe boxes?
    (My blue Alden x Brooks Brothers are much smaller than others and I worry if it's bad to use them for storage)
  2. Would a 10D 972 Straight Tip Cap-Toe Blucher (on Copley, special makeup) fit the same as a 10E 972 Straight Tip Cap-Toe Blucher (on Aberdeen, stock makeup) if the only thing different is the last?

1. Yes, at least AE vs Alden, Alden uses fairly small boxes that require some squishing to get them in.

2. The last means EVERYTHING. For example, an Indy boot on Plaza (Dr. Jones boot) will not fit even close to the same way that an Indy boot on Trubalance will fit. That said, I believe Aberdeen will fit differently than Copley, but it will be close (at least same size). You're changing widths...

I take Copley's sister last (Leydon) in a slightly different size than Aberdeen. Simply judging by the pattern of the shoe will lead you astray. 10D Copley to 10D Aberdeen and you might have a 1:1 match.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
not sure if someone posted already, from the Shoe Snob, basically some repaired a chewed up alden (by owner's dog), though not sure if I would do it at that price, might as well pay more and get brand new

Alden Northwest

Reaction score
Been out a few weeks with a case of COVID so no decent shoe wearing for me. Finally back at the office and in some Aldens today.

Been eyeballing the Phoenix from Ealdwine since they arrived and finally pulled the trigger on them. Also snagged a pair of Yenni's CXL cap toes from TSM 2nd's. Decided a cap toe family pic was in order, 3rd pair is color 8 shell also from Yenni.

IMG_6906.jpeg

Have purchased 2nd's from TSM in the past and as most experience have had a hard time finding the flaw. Didn't see anything at first on these CXLs but figured it out when I tried them on. The speed hooks are noticeably higher on one side of the boot from the other. Not too big a deal and can't beat the 2nd's pricing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads