• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Evening milkshake. I got these, from another member here, and they were one of my grail boots. I missed the original issue from Union Made, so was so glad to find these here, on the B/S/T thread.
IMG_5153.jpeg

shoetree

Reaction score
Love modified boots, especially Indys. I have a plain toe and an Indy, and another pair on the way from MouldedShoe.
Thanks gents
MouldedShoe seems to be the king of Modified last!
I believe Moulded Shoe is the exclusive US retailer of the modified last. Anyone who has the chance should check out their store. It’s a time capsule, and also great service.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It never fails....cooking supper, one of the shrimp, being cooked in olive oil, decided to jump out of the pan and land on the boots.....Corn starch to remove as much olive oil as possible. tomorrow will see if Saphir suede cleaner is needed....WHY DO I WEAR suede while cooking?????
IMG_5158.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks gents

I believe Moulded Shoe is the exclusive US retailer of the modified last. Anyone who has the chance should check out their store. It’s a time capsule, and also great service.
My only access, unfortunately, is via the internet. Simply can't make the trip, as it's over 1K miles.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally getting to wear my favorite bomber. Snuff suede Indy boot.

Attachments

• AB05D98D-0FFD-4496-A596-93801581B812.jpeg
    AB05D98D-0FFD-4496-A596-93801581B812.jpeg
    311.3 KB · Views: 17
  • CCF40B76-A0A3-4C34-B997-73D6A0A91B7F.jpeg
    CCF40B76-A0A3-4C34-B997-73D6A0A91B7F.jpeg
    333.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 8EED003D-E79C-45F7-90A0-24964C3745E7.jpeg
    8EED003D-E79C-45F7-90A0-24964C3745E7.jpeg
    303.4 KB · Views: 34

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It never fails....cooking supper, one of the shrimp, being cooked in olive oil, decided to jump out of the pan and land on the boots.....Corn starch to remove as much olive oil as possible. tomorrow will see if Saphir suede cleaner is needed....WHY DO I WEAR suede while cooking????? View attachment 1484455

As I am sure you know, as long as you had pre-treated with Saphir's waterproof spray you should be fine. And yes, those shrimp can be really jumpy especially as their lives come to an end when they end up in the pan.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I am not sure that is 100% accurate.

I believe The Shoe Mart has a few:

As well as Alden Madison:

My only access, unfortunately, is via the internet. Simply can't make the trip, as it's over 1K miles.

Sorry to rub it in (again) but I may stop by on Wednesday as well as Alden Madison but honestly it is more about getting fit, in-person, since the last Alden shoes I purchased several years ago were AldenxBB. And, I have had a heck of a time the past few months finding an AE shoe that fits well via online orders so I am giving up, getting sized, trying on a few things, and then will hopefully be able in the future to order online like the rest of you who know your sizes in all of these Alden lasts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics