• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vnguyen_md

Reaction score
Anyone ever have indy-cisions about what boot to wear?

C589800A-AD42-4844-BDEE-1A1F0C6CA30E.jpg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These we’re unintentionally sun faded.. unfortunately it brought out some bad marks in the Shell. I sent them back to Alden for a refinishing treatment ($85 w/ shipping). They came back a beautiful shade of eggplant. Soo happy! This why I trade with Alden, excellent CS.
6723983E-AA0C-43BD-8A5C-C74D023EE7AE.jpeg
828515DF-732D-494A-8218-89EC747B8E0C.jpeg
70E8E97E-A8A4-4989-B29C-E739007298A5.jpeg

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By far my favorite color of Indy. When I got my first pair (which was my entry to Alden) I was shocked at how pumpkin color they were, as I was expecting Indiana Jones brown color boots. They quickly grew on me, and now I can't imagine the closet without them. Looking Good!
405s have been my entry into Alden as well.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Color 8 Plain Toe Boot
Color 8 Indy Boot
Whiskey Tankers
Black Jumpers (though I may need to get it in a
Wider width)
Color 4 wingtip boots

What is the one cordovan boot I need to add this collection? I am thinking something in cigar if I can get my hands on a pair...

James KP

Reaction score
Good morning / afternoon group,
I will soon be purchasing the Alden Indy boot and am unable to decide which material to go with.
Cowhide leather vs Chromexcel vs Shell Cordovan
These boots will be worn with active business casual but will also see long walks in all seasons and occasional hiking.
May I ask what the general consensus is?

I originally posted this inquiry: https://www.styleforum.net/threads/alden-indy-material-inquiry.673087/

Thank you all in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads