• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alvintanwx

Reaction score
I think 6E is a good start. It also depends on the socks you plan on wearing with them. 6.5E might be too big.

Take care on the length. If they are too long, the ball of your foot may not be sitting in the widest part of the boot. Especially on Modified last, you want to make sure the ball is where it should be.

If the length is good, go up a width. Note that a 6E will be wider than a 6.5D.

Can't the retailer place a special order for you on the next run? Unless you are confident that the 6.5D will break in comfortably, I would order the correct size.
I think 6E is a good start. It also depends on the socks you plan on wearing with them. 6.5E might be too big.

Take care on the length. If they are too long, the ball of your foot may not be sitting in the widest part of the boot. Especially on Modified last, you want to make sure the ball is where it should be.

If the length is good, go up a width. Note that a 6E will be wider than a 6.5D.

Can't the retailer place a special order for you on the next run? Unless you are confident that the 6.5D will break in comfortably, I would order the correct size.
Thanks for the advice! Yes I guess I should try the 6E. Unfortunately the retailer only orders Ds in all models as they are probably the biggest retailer in Japan, Lakota House, you’ve probably heard of them. They said due to their order quantity to optimize production they only order Ds so I need to look elsewhere for 6E.

I’m not posting any Alden shoe and sorry if I’m not allowed to post other shoes but in this Jalan Sriwajaya shoe I’m wearing you can see that I size up to make sure the toes fit (any smaller my toes would get squeezed). As a result I usually have excess volume and wrinkling above my toes.

Attachments

• D7D21D45-13B8-4442-943E-F2BEEE6F3092.jpeg
    D7D21D45-13B8-4442-943E-F2BEEE6F3092.jpeg
    198.8 KB · Views: 27

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just started looking more into fashion and overhauling my boot and wardrobe game about 2 months ago. Before that I wouldn’t have been able to tell you what a Goodyear welted shoe was. Haha First I bought the Daltons thinking I’d be good on boots, and not even 2 days later someone showed me the Indys and I had to have them.

no doubt there will be more Aldens in my future. But my next purchase has to be a couple winter jackets. I’m hoping this forum will continue to feed me ideas without hurting my wallet to bad! Haha
I recommend starting a “slush fund” now, and keep the Mrs. out of the books. Lbvs! Welcome to the fray!

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and to the thread. Now that you have Daltons and Indys, I would be interested in your opinions on comparison. You are so new to the Forum that you are not yet influenced by the regulars on the various threads.
Wait, we are influencers???? Good point though, and a comparison between Indy's and Daltons would be nice.
Apples/oranges.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some believe the wingtip goes as far back as 16th or 17th century Scotland. Others, Ancient Greece, by a god named Hermès. Personally, I always thought they were a modern invention by Nike, in or around Buffalo, NY. Whatever you believe, Alden makes the most delicious wings!

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AE trunk shell today.

PXL_20201021_134530328.jpg
PXL_20201021_133742668.jpg

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, another shameless plug for my makeup at Alden Madison. It's two deposits short of being submitted to Alden!

- Chocolate Suede
- Trubalance Last
- Perforated Cap Toe Boot
- 360 Antique Pre-Stitched Reverse Welt
- Antique Edge
- Commando Sole
- Brass Eyelets and Brass Speed Hooks
- Indy Side Stitch
- Large Perfs on Toe Cap
- Pinked Toe Cap
- No Medallion

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy wingtip Wednesday. It's been too long since I wore the cornerstone of my modest vintage collection. Florsheim shell; get a pair if you have the opportunity.

IMG_9538.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads