• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vnguyen_md

Reaction score
Happy Monday Alden Fans!
This is a difficult post to write, but it has become "painfully" obvious to me over the past month or so, that I MUST wear my custom orthotics with all footwear. With boots, this isn't an issue, and boots provide a needed ankle support. The orthotics keep foot in proper alignment. As they are custom, they do not work well with shoes, even if on same last as boots. The geometry is just not right and they cause the heel to ride just a bit too high in the heel cup, which makes wearing the shoes uncomfortable in a different way. A trip to the Podiatrist this morning confirms my thoughts. Therefore, I will be listing shoes on the B/S/T thread later today and perhaps as well tomorrow, not all of them, as some I simply love too much to list at this time, but some, in a variety of leathers. My foot pain may become someone's foot gain. Have a great week everyone.

Any 8E, 8.5E? :)

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Monday Alden Fans!
This is a difficult post to write, but it has become "painfully" obvious to me over the past month or so, that I MUST wear my custom orthotics with all footwear. With boots, this isn't an issue, and boots provide a needed ankle support. The orthotics keep foot in proper alignment. As they are custom, they do not work well with shoes, even if on same last as boots. The geometry is just not right and they cause the heel to ride just a bit too high in the heel cup, which makes wearing the shoes uncomfortable in a different way. A trip to the Podiatrist this morning confirms my thoughts. Therefore, I will be listing shoes on the B/S/T thread later today and perhaps as well tomorrow, not all of them, as some I simply love too much to list at this time, but some, in a variety of leathers. My foot pain may become someone's foot gain. Have a great week everyone.

I’m sorry to read this, hopefully boots continue to work for you. Maybe you could try modified last? I believe they are made with more depth to accommodate orthotics.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m sorry to read this, hopefully boots continue to work for you. Maybe you could try modified last? I believe they are made with more depth to accommodate orthotics.
I'm not excited about the proposition either, but fortunately, I love boots. As I said a few pair won't ever be sold, as I am willing to suffer a bit, like them that much (the Navy/Suede saddles are an example). And honestly, I don't need to sell any, but if I don't have them here, I can't wear them. They would do no good just sitting, so..........

dme2406

Reaction score
some models actually have removable inserts in order to accommodate the wearer's personal orthotics.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
511C76BA-E0BE-47E5-9013-FDE3EB18482A.jpeg

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Monday Alden Fans!

on the bright side, doesn't this mean that you get to start hunting for a whole new collection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads