• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blue Suede NSTs by Leffot today:

20200928_NSTs.jpg

Norwester

Reaction score
Just in time for the coming onset of inclement weather, my new lug-soled Scotch grain wingtip boots from Alden of Carmel. I'm standing on a manhole cover since I possess neither an oriental rug nor a bath mat. I find the lug soles quite comfortable for walking around on concrete, and I like the way that Scotch grain helps absorb the creases. Since this photo was taken I've treated them with Renovateur, which deepened the color to a rich, reddish brown. I anticipate these getting a lot of use this fall!
AOC-79.JPG

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just in time for the coming onset of inclement weather, my new lug-soled Scotch grain wingtip boots from Alden of Carmel. I'm standing on a manhole cover since I possess neither an oriental rug nor a bath mat. I find the lug soles quite comfortable for walking around on concrete, and I like the way that Scotch grain helps absorb the creases. Since this photo was taken I've treated them with Renovateur, which deepened the color to a rich, reddish brown. I anticipate these getting a lot of use this fall!
View attachment 1467170

You're too broke now that you emptied your wallet on a fine pair of boots; alas a simple sewer cover must do!

Just in case you get lost, you can always look at that manhole cover to remind you of what city you're in... "Seattle".

Cheers, and I hope they give you a good many miles.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been watching Steve from Bedo's near Washington, DC redo shoes on his Youtube channel.

He redyed his own Indy's in a silent film.

This is a long one in which he restores shell cordovan Florsheim's. Florsheim- one of the most expensive Restoration I’ve done on Florsheim’s

A really good channel if you want to see a great cobbler at work. He has one video in which he restores a pair of AE's and gives them a fiddleback waist. Not exactly standard for AE's. He also did a terrific job with a pair of suede G&Gs.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents -- another shameless plug for my AOM crowdfund makeup -- a Trubalance Chocolate Suede PCT Boot on Commando with Brass Eyelets/Hooks, an Indy side stitch, and large perfing on a pinked toe cap.

We only need two more deposits to get the boot made!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads