• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gertoshav

Reaction score
Figured I'd post some pics of my new pickup. There's been some truly amazing anniversary boots made this year for Alden stockists and these Cigar 379x plain toe boots on leather soles keep that trend going. Made to celebrate Lost & Found's 10th anniversary, I think these are going to see a lot of wear.

Modified last is my best fitting Alden last followed by 379x. This is the second pair of 379x in this thread I've seen in Cigar. I highly doubt Modified rare shell would ever be offered in USA, but are there any upcoming 379x rare shell makeups that I can sign up for? Barrie is my third best fitting Alden last, but when I visited Alden DC, my nearest Alden shop, they told me they aren't doing lists anymore and just putting in orders for rare shell, but by doing so unfortunately my size in Barrie rare shell isn't even considered.

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Modified last is my best fitting Alden last followed by 379x. This is the second pair of 379x in this thread I've seen in Cigar. I highly doubt Modified rare shell would ever be offered in USA, but are there any upcoming 379x rare shell makeups that I can sign up for? Barrie is my third best fitting Alden last, but when I visited Alden DC, my nearest Alden shop, they told me they aren't doing lists anymore and just putting in orders for rare shell, but by doing so unfortunately my size in Barrie rare shell isn't even considered.

Moulded Shoe in NYC does on occasion get exotic allocations and they usually pick a makeup on the Modified last. I'd say to reach out to them to express your interest and see if they have anything in the pipeline. I'm not personally aware of any current 379X exotic makeups that have been submitted but that's not to say there aren't any out there. Best of luck on your search!

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a whiskey shell tanker on 379X / double leather which showed up on TSM's seconds release back in March. I believe it was made for Lakota House in Japan. I haven't seen any pics of the run so I don't think it's been released yet. But it's nearly impossible to get exotics from Lakota House.

Otherwise, I am not aware of any other 379X exotics in production.

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cap’n and whiskey
7266065A-8DEC-43EE-A22F-D05AE3FE1765.jpeg
CA460126-4B99-484C-8C72-CA0285CE1C89.jpeg

Gertoshav

Reaction score
Moulded Shoe in NYC does on occasion get exotic allocations and they usually pick a makeup on the Modified last. I'd say to reach out to them to express your interest and see if they have anything in the pipeline. I'm not personally aware of any current 379X exotic makeups that have been submitted but that's not to say there aren't any out there. Best of luck on your search!
There is a whiskey shell tanker on 379X / double leather which showed up on TSM's seconds release back in March. I believe it was made for Lakota House in Japan. I haven't seen any pics of the run so I don't think it's been released yet. But it's nearly impossible to get exotics from Lakota House.

Otherwise, I am not aware of any other 379X exotics in production.
Thanks for the info! I've bought a couple pairs of #8 Modified from Moulded Shoe, and when I had visited them 2 years ago, they told me they had no plans on rare shell on Modified, but perhaps things have changed since then. I've bought a few pairs of Modified and 379x TSM seconds in black and in #8, but hopefully my size in rare shell will be available someday as I check the site whenever they send out emails for updated stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads