• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrs1157

Reaction score
Some fresh pics.

Colour 8 PCT boot on Modified last.

2020-09-21 11.06.54.jpg

2020-09-21 11.07.52.jpg

2020-09-21 11.08.15.jpg

2020-09-21 11.08.38.jpg

2020-09-21 11.09.01.jpg

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I'm just smitten with these! A very special pair landed today courtesy of Rafael at Moulded Shoe.

I've sold enough pairs to splurge on a grail. I was poring over makeup after makeup from mainly C&J, Viberg and Alden stockists. I came to away unsatisfied until @savvysartorial posted those Modified lasted longwings a few pages back. He reminded me of Moulded Shoe, whos website I hadn't looked at for at least couple of years.

For some reason the colour 8 boot makeups seem to sell out rather quickly in popular sizes. At least every time I check out the site, my size is never available. But he had it in stock...a grail boot of mine. Finally.

I've bought two pairs from Rafael already before this one, several years ago. He's been great to work with. This transaction was just as quick and easy. Shipped out Wednesday and landed at my doorstep here in Canada today - on Friday. Absolutely no complaints here.

And they're very beautiful. Admittedly, I've been lusting after Anatomica's unlined colour 8 boots because of the patterning. I love the exterior heel counter stitching, sharper lasting due to the lack of a lining (unlined modified makes a pretty shapely boot!) and the pull tab. So many nice details on a colour 8 backdrop.

However, this PCT pattern has some extra details on the quarters (usually they're barren on a typical Alden derby boot). They have speed hooks, leather outsoles, and a pull tab (love it!), and in E-width! Perfectly executed too, not a stitch out of place!

I'll take some proper pictures tomorrow. But here's a taster. I highly recommend trying out Modified last if you haven't yet. There's nothing out there like it.

PCT Boot in Colour 8 Cordovan, antique 270 degree flat welt, agatine hardware, foot balance heel, single oak outsole, pull tab. Modified last:

View attachment 1461268

View attachment 1461269

Woohoo! Spicy, I love those. Some patterns just really pop on Modified and that is one of them! Need to get around to sharing my other Modified purchase that's been languishing in my closet for some time.

I am happy I could help out and thrilled you got a boot you are going to love for years to come.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really enjoying the Grant Last today. First time I pulled these out since March. Probably need a good buffing. I only dusted them off this morning. View attachment 1462538

Love that boot, but I always thought it needed something more than Barrie.

I wish I knew my Grant size so I could go into uncharted territories with a new last. For now, my wallet is safe.... :lol:

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that the frans boone makeup? Stunning pair.

I think they are identical to the Frans Boone makeup. I got them at Alden DC. They were NOS from a US retailer who went out of business or gave up the Alden account. They said they were going to do a run of them for the store, not sure of the status.

They are on double leather with black edging.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love that boot, but I always thought it needed something more than Barrie.

I wish I knew my Grant size so I could go into uncharted territories with a new last. For now, my wallet is safe.... :lol:

I take Grant in the same as my Hampton and Plaza size, plus 1/2 from my Trubalance size.

Alden Northwest

Reaction score
Have always been a big fan of Ravello as it seems to be the perfect color in between whiskey and cigar, and the WTB pattern is iconic and versatile, thus my lusting for a Ravello WTB for awhile now. Thanks to a fellow enthusiast on IG reaching out, I now have a pair to call my own and can stop lusting after all the nice pairs posted here.

IMG_6806.jpeg

IMG_6807.jpeg

IMG_6650.jpeg

IMG_6647.jpeg

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alden Northwest

Reaction score
yummy. 2018 tsm?

I would guess so. Has the usual "Custom Bootmaker Edition" heel pad that I have seen from TSM. Not sure how long the previous owner had them but sounds like the right timeline. 44621H is the model number. Only 5 wears before they came to me due to sizing issues.

ETA: checked the box, yep, TSM.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would guess so. Has the usual "Custom Bootmaker Edition" heel pad that I have seen from TSM. Not sure how long the previous owner had them but sounds like the right timeline. 44621H is the model number. Only 5 wears before they came to me due to sizing issues.

The production code will tell you when it was made. The 2018 TSM run has production codes of 8D01 030 and 8D01 031.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads