• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GGMac

Reaction score
Feels good to have boots back on foot. These Alden x Leffot Navy Reverse Chamois Indy Boots are one of my favorite and most worn pairs.

E85EF5BE-B2A2-4343-9271-AA2AC60FEC1C.jpeg

GGMac

Reaction score
It's always boot weather, those look awesome BTW
Agree it’s always boot season. However COVID had eliminated my need to wear anything other than my running shoes as I rarely leave my house for anything other than errands.

Wife an I are taking our 4 year old to a special dinner tonight while his older sister spends the night at her Grammy and Poppy’s house. The occasion called for boots!

adrs1157

Reaction score
[email protected]. Cosmo speaks English. Check out the Instagram page.
[email protected]

Their English seems very good in my limited dealings with them (certainly leagues better than my French)
Holy crap guys. All of my searching over the years turned up nothing about this shop. I was under the impression that I had to get ****** to Paris to buy a pair. I am kicking myself for not realizing to ask here.

I sent them an email. I may just order my second pair of 1k+ boots in under 2 weeks...

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OK, this is totally crazy (insane?) but...... Illinois is overrun with video poker/gambling places. I wore these the other day, stopped by one of those places while waiting for a pharmacy thing to get ready for pickup...won some money. Wore them tonight to a local burger joint, that has those machines, won a bunch more while waiting for burgers. Is there such a thing as lucky shoes :). Actually, I'm not superstitious, but needed a lead in to >
IMG_4594.jpeg

BAK

Reaction score
Does anyone know what might happen if sun fading brown CXL? Does it lighten, darken, stay the same?
My guess is it would lighten but it's only a guess. However, if it's a pair of shoes/boots you really love I'd proceed with caution. In my experience non-shell does not stand up to the heat of sun fading in the same way shell cordovan does. Shell handles the sun and heat just fine - the material doesn't structurally change at all, it simply fades. Non-shell reacts differently - I once tried fading a pair of 3912 Dark Brown Calf and after one day it was evident that experiment needed to come to an end. The calf was clearly beginning to react negatively and immediately showed signs of wrinkling. Chromexcel is certainly a more stout and robust leather than dress calfskin, however I'd still keep a close eye on it if you decide to try it. Good luck.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My guess is it would lighten but it's only a guess. However, if it's a pair of shoes/boots you really love I'd proceed with caution. In my experience non-shell does not stand up to the heat of sun fading in the same way shell cordovan does. Shell handles the sun and heat just fine - the material doesn't structurally change at all, it simply fades. Non-shell reacts differently - I once tried fading a pair of 3912 Dark Brown Calf and after one day it was evident that experiment needed to come to an end. The calf was clearly beginning to react negatively and immediately showed signs of wrinkling. Chromexcel is certainly a more stout and robust leather than dress calfskin, however I'd still keep a close eye on it if you decide to try it. Good luck.
I have no plans to attempt sun fading CXL, just was wondering if anyone knew of the impact, I have sun faded color 8, and it does exactly as you describe. It was one of those type of questions that just pops into one's head. The wealth of knowledge on this thread is amazing, so where better to ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads