• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK,posted earlier about boots getting covered in dog ****....has NO ONE ELSE EVER HAD THIS HAPPEN....it's ok, you can admit it, we are a family here.
In all seriousness, even though I promptly wiped them off with water, dried with a towel, then applied VSC, I'm wondering if there will be residual impact from the by product of a dogs digestive system.
7E764A16-A6DB-45A3-AE7C-BC132FB1B133.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, the boots seem ok after cleaning. Hope the **** that got on the uppers doesn't didn't do any damage, but I guess if it does, it is a kind of patina.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, the boots seem ok after cleaning. Hope the **** that got on the uppers doesn't didn't do any damage, but I guess if it does, it is a kind of patina.
BTW we occasionally find dog **** on the front lawn and I go ballistic. The neighbor to the right of me lets the dogs roam after dark and the neighbor to the left drains his pool into the street leaving chlorine everywhere. Suburban assholes.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
BTW we occasionally find dog **** on the front lawn and I go ballistic. The neighbor to the right of me lets the dogs roam after dark and the neighbor to the left drains his pool into the street leaving chlorine everywhere. Suburban assholes.
I make sure to carry bags to pick up after my dog on walks, even bought a Filson fishing waist pack to carry **** bags and treats for the dog....just pisses me off that some one wouldn't clean up after their dog. combination of damp grass, wet dog **** and leather sole boots and my knee is still swollen and hurts to walk, as I slipped in their waste, went down, got **** on the boots and jeans, plus hurt my knee. Stupid people. Oh and salt water pools are the way to go :). Guy shouldn't backwash into the street anyway.

zargoz

Reaction score
Well I'm just smitten with these! A very special pair landed today courtesy of Rafael at Moulded Shoe.

I've sold enough pairs to splurge on a grail. I was poring over makeup after makeup from mainly C&J, Viberg and Alden stockists. I came to away unsatisfied until @savvysartorial posted those Modified lasted longwings a few pages back. He reminded me of Moulded Shoe, whos website I hadn't looked at for at least couple of years.

For some reason the colour 8 boot makeups seem to sell out rather quickly in popular sizes. At least every time I check out the site, my size is never available. But he had it in stock...a grail boot of mine. Finally.

I've bought two pairs from Rafael already before this one, several years ago. He's been great to work with. This transaction was just as quick and easy. Shipped out Wednesday and landed at my doorstep here in Canada today - on Friday. Absolutely no complaints here.

And they're very beautiful. Admittedly, I've been lusting after Anatomica's unlined colour 8 boots because of the patterning. I love the exterior heel counter stitching, sharper lasting due to the lack of a lining (unlined modified makes a pretty shapely boot!) and the pull tab. So many nice details on a colour 8 backdrop.

However, this PCT pattern has some extra details on the quarters (usually they're barren on a typical Alden derby boot). They have speed hooks, leather outsoles, and a pull tab (love it!), and in E-width! Perfectly executed too, not a stitch out of place!

I'll take some proper pictures tomorrow. But here's a taster. I highly recommend trying out Modified last if you haven't yet. There's nothing out there like it.

PCT Boot in Colour 8 Cordovan, antique 270 degree flat welt, agatine hardware, foot balance heel, single oak outsole, pull tab. Modified last:

View attachment 1461268

View attachment 1461269
So good. When they dropped a while back, I was deliberating pulling the trigger to replace my ill-fitting J Crew PCTs. Hesitated for like a day and my size was gone. Good pick up!

adrs1157

Reaction score
So good. When they dropped a while back, I was deliberating pulling the trigger to replace my ill-fitting J Crew PCTs. Hesitated for like a day and my size was gone. Good pick up!
Thanks! I've lost count of the amount of awesome drops that I slept on and ended up missing out. And by 'slept on' I mean hesitate for a couple of minutes :). I hope you get another chance.

I'm definitely still holding out for a modified-lasted plain toe unlined colour 8 pair from Anatomica, should the stars ever align and I acquire a pair, as it is more of an ultimate grail for me. But this gorgeous pair from moulded shoe will do just fine.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OK,posted earlier about boots getting covered in dog ****....has NO ONE ELSE EVER HAD THIS HAPPEN....it's ok, you can admit it, we are a family here.
In all seriousness, even though I promptly wiped them off with water, dried with a towel, then applied VSC, I'm wondering if there will be residual impact from the by product of a dogs digestive system.

Sounds bad to me. The only solution is to purchase new boots.

dme2406

Reaction score
Thanks! I've lost count of the amount of awesome drops that I slept on and ended up missing out. And by 'slept on' I mean hesitate for a couple of minutes :). I hope you get another chance.

I'm definitely still holding out for a modified-lasted plain toe unlined colour 8 pair from Anatomica, should the stars ever align and I acquire a pair, as it is more of an ultimate grail for me. But this gorgeous pair from moulded shoe will do just fine.
keep watch of the factory seconds on The Shoe Mart: Anatomica make-ups appear in the list from time to time.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A short trip out of the house for an awl seemed to require boots, if you get my point.

IMG_9394.jpg

adrs1157

Reaction score
keep watch of the factory seconds on The Shoe Mart: Anatomica make-ups appear in the list from time to time.
Being Canadian, I don't have access to the shoe mart ?. I'm secretly hoping one of my friends takes a trip to Paris and doesn't mind a detour!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 27 17.6%

Forum statistics

Threads