• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not quite.
Have a friend who thinks Cargo shorts, T-shirts are good enough to go out for supper, coupled with some crappy tennis shoes......he is a great guy, but gets "pissed off" when his wife complements me on my selection of trousers/shoes/socks/shirt...All the while I'm thinking..."If you would dress well, YOUR wife wouldn't compliment me"

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have a friend who thinks Cargo shorts, T-shirts are good enough to go out for supper, coupled with some crappy tennis shoes......he is a great guy, but gets "pissed off" when his wife complements me on my selection of trousers/shoes/socks/shirt...All the while I'm thinking..."If you would dress well, YOUR wife wouldn't compliment me"

Audog arriving at his friend's wife's house

1600206143673.gif

Ed13

Reaction score
I would argue that the majority of us here have a better fashion/color/style sense than 99% of the male American population, our photos may not always show it, but bet we do.
At least the "fact" has been walked back, still overestimating in my opinion.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
At least the "fact" has been walked back, still overestimating in my opinion.
We are on a Style Forum, that shows an above average interest in clothing/footwear and the like. I would argue that the average person wouldn't even consider joining a forum devoted to clothing, much less care that much about clothing. I'm sure we all know at least one person who's wife/significant other, buys their clothing for them as they have no real interest. My point was, because we are here, shows we care more than the average "Joe" about clothing/style/fashion and the ancillary pieces (footwear, socks, watches, etc....)

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We are on a Style Forum, that shows an above average interest in clothing/footwear and the like. I would argue that the average person wouldn't even consider joining a forum devoted to clothing, much less care that much about clothing. I'm sure we all know at least one person who's wife/significant other, buys their clothing for them as they have no real interest. My point was, because we are here, shows we care more than the average "Joe" about clothing/style/fashion and the ancillary pieces (footwear, socks, watches, etc....)
He's just trolling you, no point in continuing to engage.

Sheepdog

Reaction score
A trip to your local county courthouse will confirm audog's point of view re: the average state of dress - even among the attorneys. Seems like a good time to drop a favorite shoe meme:
IMG_1356.jpg

Cheated on Alden today with some of my last remaining AEs, but I'll be back in the saddle tomorrow.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A trip to your local county courthouse will confirm audog's point of view re: the average state of dress - even among the attorneys. Seems like a good time to drop a favorite shoe meme:
View attachment 1459298

Cheated on Alden today with some of my last remaining AEs, but I'll be back in the saddle tomorrow.
MOST people in the USA dress as if it were a casual
Saturday afternoon on the deck, sadly. Dress like an adult.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
View attachment 1459298

Closed on the house tansaction a few years ago, people selling,, and their attorney,thought I was the attorney repsenting the "buyers" , my lawyer showed up in shorts can a ****** polo shirt. I looked more professional then him, and I was in daily attire. I'm saying that one can dress well, be casual and still be better than 99% of the people out there.

Sheepdog

Reaction score
I own a lot of shoes and boots, as do most on here, but I have to say that these, bar none, are by far my favorites. Had to wait for the Tarrago Nano Spray to get here to really wear them as they were intended. I like them so much, I don't even put them in the bags, so I can see them on the shelf. Thanks Ealdwine for knocking it out of the park, IMHO.

Also meant to compliment these awesome saddles. What a great makeup. Not sure if this would be pushing the envelope, but part of me thinks these would be awesome with some seersucker pants.

I've been going back and forth on getting in on the "southern pines" saddles, but posts like this make it mighty tough to resist.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
View attachment 1459298

You aren't wrong. Tan slacks, a blue blazer, and a random shirt are way too common. I won't even talk about the footwear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads