• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Those are sweet Mike! How do you find the fit, vs an LHS and a Copley penny?

Oh man, they are completely different monsters. I went the same size as my LHSes (10C) after trying them on during my last trip to NYC (many moons back), but the Grant is a much friendlier fit than the Van. Its a little looser all around and the vamp is not nearly as (painfully) tight. I prefer this fit any day of the week. Copley, I go TTS on, so I would wear a 10.5C on them.

-Mike

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cigar LHSes
IMG_1157.JPG

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh man, they are completely different monsters. I went the same size as my LHSes (10C) after trying them on during my last trip to NYC (many moons back), but the Grant is a much friendlier fit than the Van. Its a little looser all around and the vamp is not nearly as (painfully) tight. I prefer this fit any day of the week. Copley, I go TTS on, so I would wear a 10.5C on them.

-Mike
thanks for that insight!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For a boot guy, you sure wear a lot of loafers this year! ;)

Just yankin' yer chain a bit dog ! Your loafer pile is pretty impressive.
I haven't worn much of anything with laces for the last 3 months, either.
Earlier this year, I posted that I wanted to wear loafers and saddles more this summer, so I am trying to follow through on that. Now, that being said, I have quite a few boots on preorder, and only a couple pair of actual shoes with laces, both of which are saddle shoes :) It's not that I dislike lace shoes/loafers, quite the opposite in fact, just I had to wear "dress" shoes every day during my working career, and never had the opportunity to wear boots. Once I retired, I may have gone a bit nuts (but hey, when one retires, one can go a bit nuts, right?)

feb112020

Reaction score
Hi friends. I recently posted on here about my 11D LHS suede loafers being a bit too tight across the vamp. I just ordered both an 11.5D and an 11E to try out some larger sizes. The 11.5D is extremely comfortable, but there's some heel slip at the back. It feels a lot like a driver's shoe or slipper. The 11E is better than the 11D I currently have, but I feel that some tightness around the vamp and toebox area. I'm curious what other folks would do in this position? Thanks.

I've attached an image on where the tightness of the 11D and 11E is primarily around. It's on the top side of the foot, not on the bottom/sole area. When I take my shoe off my skin is red and has an imprint in this area which you can see in the second photo
IMG_4186.jpeg
5E507174-1613-4B2C-836C-16E3DBDF5B8B.jpeg

Last edited:

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi friends. I recently posted on here about my 11D LHS suede loafers being a bit too tight across the vamp. I just ordered both an 11.5D and an 11E to try out some larger sizes. The 11.5D is extremely comfortable, but there's some heel slip at the back. It feels a lot like a driver's shoe or slipper. The 11E is better than the 11D I currently have, but I feel that some tightness around the vamp and toebox area. I'm curious what other folks would do in this position? Thanks.

I've attached an image on where the tightness of the 11D and 11E is primarily around. It's on the top side of the foot, not on the bottom/sole area. When I take my shoe off my skin is red and has an imprint in this area. View attachment 1438151
That's where the LHS grabs me, and I think that's where it grabs everyone. It does loosen up a bit with wear. I also put epic shoe trees in my LHS, to keep some upward pressure on that strap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads