• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are 10.5 Barrie if anyone's interested. I plan to return to TSM. The one pair I had issue with was a cigar PTB many years ago. It had a similar finish issue, just a bad dye job. I elected to have Alden refinish and over the course of 3 months, they went back to the retailer and Alden twice. They never looked right and after the second attempt and having the finish flake off, I just got a refund. I'm not willing to do the same thing again.

I like the color, it's lighter than the pics show. Somewhere between the two pics.
Disappointing after the long wait for sure. Why no one at the factory noticed is way beyond my comprehension.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is disappointing. Just getting around to opening my TSM Ravello tankers only to find the color/finish on one boot to be a bit off.

View attachment 1436966

View attachment 1436967

Note, I'm not one to pick apart my shoes & boots. I've returned just one pair in almost 15 years of buying Alden. Not sure this is something I can live with.

sorry, sucks when you end up with a turd after a long wait

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is disappointing. Just getting around to opening my TSM Ravello tankers only to find the color/finish on one boot to be a bit off.

View attachment 1436966

View attachment 1436967

Note, I'm not one to pick apart my shoes & boots. I've returned just one pair in almost 15 years of buying Alden. Not sure this is something I can live with.
The irony is when The ShoeMart offer rare shell as seconds, they still charge full price.

jjschube

Reaction score
A97F7D0C-5E59-4DBE-8692-37965B273616.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The irony is when The ShoeMart offer rare shell as seconds, they still charge full price.
That is somewhat of a pain in the a**. I have had a couple pair of shell seconds from TSM, and both pair have not had color variances, but have had repairs to the heel area, but it irks me to pay almost retail for a "second" just because it's shell.

jjschube

Reaction score

View attachment 1436966

View attachment 1436967

Tough break. I feel like this almost happens on one pair per order. Sorry they didn’t work out for you.

ironclad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1436966

View attachment 1436967

Sorry to see that, brother. It’s pretty bad. Hang tough - sounds like you’ve had a pretty good run of luck over the last 15 years with regard to quality.

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, at least it’s the weekend! Porter and ribeye for everyone! Sorry bout your shoes.
Founders. If you have the means, I highly recommend it. Some music from the 1940’s and ignore current events.https://youtu.be/ciHBGNMEW0Y
498D5CF4-81C9-4383-A3A3-B2F3E4458FC2.jpeg

Last edited:

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1436966

View attachment 1436967

My pair is all over the place with variation in the colour. Also, the stitching on the toe of one boot is a bit off. I'm chalking it up as character. Sometimes it's the flaws that make them beautiful and unique. At the end of the day, these are first world problems. Lbvs!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My pair is all over the place with variation in the colour. Also, the stitching on the toe of one boot is a bit off. I'm chalking it up as character. Sometimes it's the flaws that make them beautiful and unique. At the end of the day, these are first world problems. Lbvs!
So true about first world problems, I sometimes think about all the people on the planet who don't/can't even get footwear, makes me sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics