• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheepdog

Reaction score
At least I can pretend it's fall with snuff chukkas and pheasant socks:
IMG_2084.jpg

Just a stock model, but probably one of the most versatile, comfortable pairs I've got.

Sheepdog

Reaction score
^Thanks!

By the way, does anyone here have the B+M brown grain plaza NSTs? I'm tempted but would like to see what they look like in the wild. I'm thinking they'd look pretty great with some gray flannels come fall.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Double dipping today for whiskey wingtip Wednesday.

IMG_20200805_100359.jpg
IMG_20200805_095847.jpg

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alden Northwest

Reaction score
Hello there,

I hope someone may be able to help me please. This is my first post on this forum. I am looking to purchase a pair of Alden Indy boots as a surprise gift for my husband. I know that ideally he would try them on in store, but mainly due to lockdown and also not wanting to ruin the surprise, I am looking to take the gamble and order some online. I am in the UK.

In all shoes, boots and running shoes, he takes a size UK9. This is for his work/dress shoes, casual wear (Clarks Original Desert Boots, Converse Chuck Taylor All Stars) and all running shoes Brookes, Saucony, Asics etc.

However, I just looked at his Red Wing Iron Rangers which say they're a UK8 (US 9D).

Wondering if anyone here has a pair of Alden Indy boots, and maybe some similar styles I mentioned above, and can advise on which size Indys I should plump for? Particularly if you also have the iron rangers.

Thank you in anticipation ;)

I would guess the same size as Iron Ranger. As said before, running shoe comparison can be a bit tough. For example, I am size 10 in my athletic shoes from various brands, however I am a 9.5D in my dress shoes or other high end shoes. I am a 9D in the Indy boot as expected. If your husband is a 9 in most shoes and 8 in Iron Ranger, I would guess 8 for Indy will be the best shot.

Alden Northwest

Reaction score
Today was mostly a bust. 4 inches of rain finally fell a few trees and power is out for 8 hours. Streams overflowed and closed many local roads. Finally ventured out after the storm passed and found a place to eat. Power should return soon. It reconfirmed my decision to get a backup generator that arrives in 2 weeks, to end a three month process.

View attachment 1436061 View attachment 1436062
Looks like some good storm footwear!

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Thanks!

By the way, does anyone here have the B+M brown grain plaza NSTs? I'm tempted but would like to see what they look like in the wild. I'm thinking they'd look pretty great with some gray flannels come fall.

Check my IG @jdsasso for a bunch of pix of this boot

MeatFish

Reaction score
Kickin around in these today, but I feel like I’d give them more wear If the moc-stitching thread was dark hunter green or brown. Anybody know a reliable way to dye the threads without ruining the suede?

4ABE6769-1378-42E2-B7E2-394ADD3C3A81.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Kickin around in these today, but I feel like I’d give them more wear If the moc-stitching thread was dark hunter green or brown. Anybody know a reliable way to dye the threads without ruining the suede?

View attachment 1436659
OMG don't dye the threads, they set the shoes off, those are beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads