• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Well, after looking at all of @mdubs blue suede, I had to.....I mean I couldn't help it. These just in and as long as shipping was the same cost threw the closeout boots in for good measure. The boots are a stretch for me as far as styling, but I kind of like them. View attachment 1435532 View attachment 1435533

Congratulations Dog! Very awesome looking and love them Navy Suede Tassels!

-Mike

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
I absolutely love that you went ahead and included a picture of a flower, absent of any shoes in the shot. Bravo.
The shoes are there. Just look beyond the flowers :)
Omg, you're right! Brilliant.

LoL. Mission accomplished! Really was trying to highlight the flowers while keeping it SF relevant! :) Glad that you didn’t notice the shoes and glad that you did!!!

-Mike

Alden Northwest

Reaction score
Well, after looking at all of @mdubs blue suede, I had to.....I mean I couldn't help it. These just in and as long as shipping was the same cost threw the closeout boots in for good measure. The boots are a stretch for me as far as styling, but I kind of like them. View attachment 1435532 View attachment 1435533

Good pickup on the boots. Those are one of my first pair of Aldens. They don't get a ton of wear, but they look great and the Hampton last makes them fit well with slacks and a sport coat where Barrie boots might be a bit much.

shoetree

Reaction score
9FE5F77F-1294-4D10-AF9B-4240E3A8207D.jpeg

990c

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Posting this to gauge interest, working on a collaboration with Alden shop.
Here are the specs on the proposed boot:
Brown Alpine grain Cap toe boot
Aberdeen last
270 welt
Single waterlock
Antique edge
Starburst heel
Brass eyes and hooks

Don't have pricing as of yet, but need at least 6 to make a go. Anyone in?

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wait a second - you are willing to wear blue suede tasseled loafers, but think wingtips are a bridge too far?!
:rotflmao:
But suede tassel loafers are.....well plain in appearance, even if blue, whereas wingtips are "busy" (to my eye) I love the wings posted by people here, just can't seem to like them on me :)

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very cool. If I didn't have three other pairs of Adelaides, I'd be all over these.

Thank you very much. This fits my dressy bill nicely and I can't wait to see them in the closet and on foot.

Very nice looking shoe.

Thank you! Ealdwine does some really unique shoes and I love their energy.

Congrats Savvy! Beautiful make up, I'd be all over it for an office shoe if I could make Hampton last work for me (I can't--I'm flat as kansas)

Congrats! That is a Grail shoe for me, its been on my list since I started lurking here on the Alden thread. I hope LS or AOM runs them again. Right now not looking promising.

Fantastic looking make-up. Very tempted to jump in on one of the milkshake suede Boot make-ups that have been popping up.

Thank you very much! Hampton is one of my favorites and I have just barely enough instep to make it work on my right foot. It's a really special makeup and am honored to have it in a run. I hope I am pair #1 :nodding:

Impeccable! If I didn't already have seven pre-orders I'd be all over these. What a great makeup.

Madness! I hope the other pre-orders treat you well. It's really going to be a cool shoe.

Not blasphemous at all, even if untrue ;)

Alden's black shell does look very good. That sheen just makes it pop.

Hahah, well I love my 8 tassels, but the black shell (and BB foxing) on this design is SO classy.

Black just mean business and the tassels just give it that flair; it's a fun combo. I'm probably the only young guy in America proudly rocking Alden tassels like I belong in the old boys club.

Trying to shoot with camera
View attachment 1435696

Nice makeup. Are you really sockless or wearing no see socks?

If sockless, I have found that the leather rubs my foot a bit funny without socks. How do you combat this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads