• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcdx22

Reaction score
Rain calls for suede

00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200801160742562_COVER.jpg

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I wanted to share the unique and classic collaboration with the gents at Ealdwine.

A great first shot for a namesake makeup!

Congrats Savvy! Beautiful make up, I'd be all over it for an office shoe if I could make Hampton last work for me (I can't--I'm flat as kansas)

New to me pair of the ever elusive Leathersoul Chocotankers. Always been one of my favorite Alden suede makeups but keep managing to miss out on them when they're run every few years. Credit to @sazon for a painless transaction

View attachment 1434318
Congrats! That is a Grail shoe for me, its been on my list since I started lurking here on the Alden thread. I hope LS or AOM runs them again. Right now not looking promising.

Hi guys, i just wanted to say thanks for helping make this a reality. Super grateful for Ealdwine agreeing to this. Obviously, I can’t say enough about their wonderful store and their phenomenal lineup of Aldens!
Fantastic looking make-up. Very tempted to jump in on one of the milkshake suede Boot make-ups that have been popping up.

lcdx22

Reaction score

lcdx22

Reaction score
Is Dark Chocolate same as chocolate suede? If I compare these boots to the chocolate tankers they seem much darker but not sure if just picture.

Last pair left on discount and am contemplating picking it up.

lcdx22

Reaction score
Thanks brother and best of luck on your pair. If you haven't already I'd definitely reach out to them to express your interest. They seem to run them every three or so years and this pair is stamped 2018 so they may be due for another soonish

Good call. I'll do that. I may have reached out sometime last year and was told no, but good to keep plucking at it :)

As a consolation prize, I was looking at the tabacco reverse chamois tanker from Gentlemen's footwear but Steve was not planning a reorder. And then recently noticed the Cyrus boot (Grant lasted tanker) which is available in my size but just can't pull the trigger. I think deep down I know I need the chocolate.

Last edited:

lcdx22

Reaction score
I'm on a roll here with posts lol. But was just thinking that brass hardware is really getting on a roll recently across all of the shops. It's great for some variety. And now you can justify duplication as it's a completely different look ;)

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good call. I'll do that. I may have reached out sometime last year and was told no, but good to keep plucking at it :)

As a consolation prize, I was looking at the tabacco reverse chamois tanker from Gentlemen's wearhouse but Steve was not planning a reorder. And then recently noticed the Cyrus boot (Grant lasted tanker) which is available in my size but just can't pull the trigger. I think deep down I know I need the chocolate.

*whispers* get the Cyrus Boot

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is Dark Chocolate same as chocolate suede? If I compare these boots to the chocolate tankers they seem much darker but not sure if just picture.

Last pair left on discount and am contemplating picking it up.

Have that Clint boot and it is dark chocolate, in certain lighting, it even looks grey, or black depending on the light.

jiajia77

Reaction score
anyone know where can i buy
alden loafer( C last ,anti-edge ,suede)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads