• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Change for evening. I have come to realize that I LOVE Aberdeen last, it is like being barefoot, but with shoes on....does anyone know if Alden makes boots on Aberdeen last?????? Boy, I need a tan....
IMG_3715.jpeg

Norwester

Reaction score
Change for evening. I have come to realize that I LOVE Aberdeen last, it is like being barefoot, but with shoes on....does anyone know if Alden makes boots on Aberdeen last?????? Boy, I need a tan.... View attachment 1425987
Brick + Mortar has some Color 8 Tankers in Aberdeen in their Last Call section. That probably means just a few sizes left, but it could be worth contacting them; I got my Natty Tankers on Last Call there. I think they used to list on their site what sizes they have in each, but it seems they no longer do.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Brick + Mortar has some Color 8 Tankers in Aberdeen in their Last Call section. That probably means just a few sizes left, but it could be worth contacting them; I got my Natty Tankers on Last Call there. I think they used to list on their site what sizes they have in each, but it seems they no longer do.
Oh, I talk (via email) to Yenni on a regular basis. Unfortunately, I don't need color 8 tankers, but they are a nice boot...

Norwester

Reaction score
Oh, I talk (via email) to Yenni on a regular basis. Unfortunately, I don't need color 8 tankers, but they are a nice boot...
I live in Seattle and have been by the store a number of times for shoes and Saphir products, though I usually talk to the sales staff rather than Yenni. I always thought of it as the local Alden store; until visiting this forum I hadn't known they had a more national presence. It boosts my hope that they will do well in these difficult times; judging by this forum business in Alden shoes is booming :D.

zargoz

Reaction score
How do people size the 379x Military last? FWIW, I can't find a comfortable Barrie size, so comparisons to Barrie don't really help me.

I wear:
8D in Trubalance
8.5D Hampton
8.5D Plaza
8.5D Grant
Have you tried 8E for Barrie? I am a comfortable 8D in TB and Modified and 8.5D in Plaza and Grant. FWIW, several years back I started with 7.5D Barrie and it fit like a glove. Turned out a glove wasn't what I needed. Bout of plantar fasciitis and I started sizing up in everything. I can do a Barrie 8D with shoes for casual office wear but for some reason boots seem to fit differently and 8E is much more comfortable. I haven't tried 397x yet but from what I gather it's between Barrie and Modified in terms of fit, so maybe 8D or 8E there.

Frank Hall

Reaction score
I forgot what they told me it was at Alden DC; the name is not on anything in the box or on the receipt, can't find it on the Alden Model Project; so, I appreciate your judgement! It must be Alpine Grain. Really like it.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I forgot what they told me it was at Alden DC; the name is not on anything in the box or on the receipt, can't find it on the Alden Model Project; so, I appreciate your judgement! It must be Alpine Grain. Really like it.

They do look very nice!

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I spoke with her the other day (and Jeff). They were extraordinarily kind. Excited to get in on some B+M make ups. Wicked addicting, I predict.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have you tried 8E for Barrie? I am a comfortable 8D in TB and Modified and 8.5D in Plaza and Grant. FWIW, several years back I started with 7.5D Barrie and it fit like a glove. Turned out a glove wasn't what I needed. Bout of plantar fasciitis and I started sizing up in everything. I can do a Barrie 8D with shoes for casual office wear but for some reason boots seem to fit differently and 8E is much more comfortable. I haven't tried 397x yet but from what I gather it's between Barrie and Modified in terms of fit, so maybe 8D or 8E there.
I do hope your plantar fasciitis is better, if not...get a book called "The Runners Repair Manual" (it may be out of print but worth finding) there is a great section on taping feet for plantar fasciitis, cured mine 15 yrs ago and the Podiatrist wanted to do surgery. 2 months of taping foot as per book, every day and it has not reappeared.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I spoke with her the other day (and Jeff). They were extraordinarily kind. Excited to get in on some B+M make ups. Wicked addicting, I predict.
Both are wonderful people, and a joy to work with. I must say, I have NEVER had a bad experience with any Alden dealer, and I can't say the same for the "other" A shoe company headquartered in Wisconsin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads