• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Alright... another AE to Alden conversion question. I wear an 8E in the 65 last (a little tight in bals and just right in bluchers). My Higgins Mill are 8D and fit amazingly. In the Cornwallis I’m an 8.5D when they break in. My brannock size is 8D. What am I likely to be on the plaza last? Will an 8D work for me or is my instep going to be a problem?

GGMac

Reaction score
Alright... another AE to Alden conversion question. I wear an 8E in the 65 last (a little tight in bals and just right in bluchers). My Higgins Mill are 8D and fit amazingly. In the Cornwallis I’m an 8.5D when they break in. My brannock size is 8D. What am I likely to be on the plaza last? Will an 8D work for me or is my instep going to be a problem?
I would expect you would run into instep issues with an 8D if 8E is tight for you with the 65 last. Plaza is a bit more generous but not that significant IMO. YMMV.

shoetree

Reaction score
26BF323E-374A-4446-8E3E-FAD21CCF77B9.jpeg

King LHS

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of those that have been sitting brand new in my closet for over a year now. I keep thinking I should sell them, but then I see a pair that are nicely faded like these and think maybe I should keep them. Decisions, decisions.

I mean you could have kept them unworn and still faded them over the last year

lcdx22

Reaction score

I think you should go with 8D, your brannock. To give you a reference. A 13D plaza fits me great. Nice and snug but not tight. A 13E 65 last Bal shoes fits tight in the instep. I go with a 12.5EE on 65 last as they run a bit long.

Honestly I've found that for whatever reason Alden lasts seem to fit me much better.

lcdx22

Reaction score
I don't think I said problem, just wondered how many were too many. At least I don't think I said problem, but I did post a while back that I sure would like a pair of the JCrew's and lo and behold, they appeared! Next step is to decide which pair(s) of other jumpers to let go..

You're right, you didn't say problem. I just think jumpers are fantastic and would keep as many as possible :) unless as mentioned before are in the same color.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If Dog was only 1/2 up I’d have new boots for next season.. 9D Barrie 9.5D Grant..

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the proper color name for the latest shade of brown Indy 405's? Is it its own thing or simply brown calf or is it more specifically walnut/Madison/cigar/etc.? Thanks!

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Chukkas

04EA0F5A-B95F-458B-B744-9A5ED3D4BEAD.jpeg

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the proper color name for the latest shade of brown Indy 405's? Is it its own thing or simply brown calf or is it more specifically walnut/Madison/cigar/etc.? Thanks!

I've only seen it labeled as a 'brown cowhide/calf' or 'work boot leather'. I just got a pair earlier before shutdown and it is back to the closer original shade of brown as opposed to the 'pumpkin' color it was for awhile. I'm actually preferring this boot to the 403 cxl version a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics