• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup. Noticed that. :D

That said, he wasn't lying about flexing them 180 (at least an unlined LHS)!
View attachment 1424118

(AE will do it too)
View attachment 1424120
That shouldn't concern me? As a physical therapist that make me nervous. Although if at the ball/metatarsal heads that's where you want the bend.(hard to tell) The middle of the foot, no. Thanks.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That shouldn't concern me? As a physical therapist that make me nervous. Although if at the ball/metatarsal heads that's where you want the bend.(hard to tell) The middle of the foot, no. Thanks.
That's at the ball. The steel shank (or leather/wood in newer AEs) keep it rigid to your arch.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's at the ball. The steel shank (or leather/wood in newer AEs) keep it rigid to your arch.
If you need the added support of the extended heel cup found in lined Aldens, then it might be an issue to have an unlined flex welt

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What's his thoughts on the LHS? (At least I thought you have a pair)
he thought they were nice shoes, but he only wears "hospital" shoes (athletic) and only owns 1 pair of dress shoes, which happen to be a pair of AE PA's that I bought him for his wedding. He actually was going to rent shoes from the tux place, of all things. He isn't into footwear, his hobby is his lawn.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Aberdeen Full Straps, which are the same color as the ones I had to dye darker brown. This is the "replacement" pair. I can quit anytime I want to, honest.
IMG_3647.jpeg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, why yes you do. I believe they are called Spats, and are probably not available any longer.
Only from places like Etsy it seems.

But that's ok, because I think we need something more heavy duty. Here's some tall gaiters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads