• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi folks. Quick question. Does the shoe mart re-stock/add the seconds at certain points during the year and if they do, is there an email notification sent out?
I spoke with them mid June after making a purchase. “We hope to get more seconds sometime THIS YEAR but we don’t know when...”. Yikes. I grabbed the Alden 907s. Wouldn’t know they were seconds except they were shipped in a plain white box.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I spoke with them mid June after making a purchase. “We hope to get more seconds sometime THIS YEAR but we don’t know when...”. Yikes. I grabbed the Alden 907s. Wouldn’t know they were seconds except they were shipped in a plain white box.
I had a similar conversation, so got the full strap #8 loafers, you can tell they are seconds as there is a patch on the heel of both shoes, but done so well it looks like it was meant to be there.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a similar conversation, so got the full strap #8 loafers, you can tell they are seconds as there is a patch on the heel of both shoes, but done so well it looks like it was meant to be there.
I live in Massachusetts—literally 20 minutes from the Alden factory—and I have contemplated driving to Connecticut (3 hrs) to The Shoe Mart to try on more e, ee, and eee sizes. The local place I like (LaRossa) only carries D width. I actually called Alden once and asked to visit the factory. They said NO :(

lcdx22

Reaction score
Gentlemen, I am excited to reveal to you, that I after much pontification, I have decided to change my primary photography spot. It has long been at my mini conference table in my office, but that just hasn't become practicable and it has long been non-ideal. So after much planning, I have finally setup my home photography location, leveraging my already existing shoe book shelves as the background. Thanks much to Yenni for producing and giving me one of her totally rad bags.

Here is a sneak peak "behind the scenes"...

View attachment 1419342

And here you are with the recent Alden x David Wood Color #4 Shell Cordovan PCT Boots.

View attachment 1419343

-Mike

Looks great!! Is that a softbox in the first shot?

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really love the stitching on the heels of these B+M Copley pennies.
465166DA-7860-4EE8-AE2D-12134973CE56.jpeg
And dang I wish I had worn different socks!

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
V-tips for a trip to Lowe's. Yeah, I know. I lead a crazy exciting life.

IMG_8986.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads